Favourite guitar based theme tunes to TV shows/films.

What's Hot

Comments

• blobbblobb Frets: 2914
    Yeah, Bergerac. The incidental music was great.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeillNeill Frets: 941
    Better call Saul theme tune by Little Barrie - they made it into a full length song and put it on their album
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YGmVjgh1bS0

That's terrific - never heard it before.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Noooooooooooooo..........

I'm sure you know Dick Dale didn't write/perform Misirlou for Tarentino's film.  

• Catie’s Amazing Machines (kids TV)  theme tune is by The Darkness, and they throw in riffs and licks all the way through the program.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896

My mule things you're laughing at him...

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Neill said:

Noooooooooooooo..........

I'm sure you know Dick Dale didn't write/perform Misirlou for Tarentino's film.  

And for the sake of completeness that Nantucket Sleighride wasn’t written for Weekend World either. 
    Sleighride itself partly based on the 18th century Scottish folk song The Parting Glass. 

https://youtu.be/FcSqI1KZiLI

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • LitterickLitterick Frets: 586
    Howard Roberts

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    What about the guitar part for blackadder or ren and stimpy?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • westwest Frets: 994
    Mike post / larry carltons hill st blues ... starts around 156 .....

• HaychHaych Frets: 5596
    Already mentioned but needs rementioning.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• HaychHaych Frets: 5596
    And I'm showing my age now (physical and mental) but there was some very good music in this show:

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

This is another of my favourites - from the TV show "Angels".

There's a few versions of the tune on YT but this is the version I remember.
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2034
    edited April 2021
    The Bond riff

edit: Thought it was a glaring ommission but now see it is already mentioned in the op  s
  • Better call Saul theme tune by Little Barrie - they made it into a full length song and put it on their album
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YGmVjgh1bS0

This
    Neill said:

If we talk about old TV shows in the Weary household that was very much a favourite of MrsTheWeary. She's a Brummy nurse ( probably a trainee at the time)and that was about nurses in Birmingham so she could relate. I used to watch it a bit and once saw a bunch of the cast walking around the Mander shopping centre in Wolverhampton which seemed quite exciting at the time. 

One of the cast was Pauline Quirke who had hosted her own show ( bear with) Pauline's Quirkes which had a resident band Flintlock. As well as featuring comedian Sarah Pascoe's future dad on vocals they used to do a little play on song at the start of the show which just about fits the category here... ( FF to 33 seconds)….    

• a lot of these suggestion have vocals in them ..   is that "allowed" ??  ;-)
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    This popped into my head from the darkest recesses of my memory:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516

One of the cast was Pauline Quirke who had hosted her own show ( bear with) Pauline's Quirkes which had a resident band Flintlock. As well as featuring comedian Sarah Pascoe's future dad on vocals they used to do a little play on song at the start of the show which just about fits the category here... ( FF to 33 seconds)….    

I do remember that show, but it's amazing to think they gave Pauline Quirke her own series when she was only 16 or 17.

Just saw the sketch at the end there featuring Mike Read, a slimline Steve Wright (nice haircuts...), Linda Robson and Nula Conwell who used to play Viv Martella on the bill.  What an all star cast!
    Philly_Q said:

I do remember that show, but it's amazing to think they gave Pauline Quirke her own series when she was only 16 or 17.

Just saw the sketch at the end there featuring Mike Read, a slimline Steve Wright (nice haircuts...), Linda Robson and Nula Conwell who used to play Viv Martella on the bill.  What an all star cast!

I didn't watch the whole thing but Pauline has had quite an interesting career, why she was picked up for that I don't know. I think it was quite anarchic for it's day and apparently had a lot of complaints about sexual content ( references to snogging kind of thing I think).

Anyway I don't think we've had this, the late great Tommy Tedesco on guitar I think and a guitar classic, who hasn't tried to play some version of this...

I'EricTheWeary said:
    Neill said:

If we talk about old TV shows in the Weary household that was very much a favourite of MrsTheWeary. She's a Brummy nurse ( probably a trainee at the time)and that was about nurses in Birmingham so she could relate. I used to watch it a bit and once saw a bunch of the cast walking around the Mander shopping centre in Wolverhampton which seemed quite exciting at the time. 

Derek Pascoe went on to become a well respected jazz saxophonist did he not?  No indication of that destiny in the TV clip, but you can see the resemblance to his more famous daughter.

That show must have been a Thames TV only thing, I don't remember it at all.  There were definitely some advantages to living in the North back then..