I would love to know your honest thoughts

dean111musicdean111music Frets: 278
edited April 2021 in Plug My Stuff
Hello

I have my own YouTube page as you may of seen in some post. It is currently dedicated to beginner guitar but I have put a couple of more intermediate lessons up. 

I would be grateful if you could have a look to see what you think.

Any tips or hints would be great.

I'm really interested in working with anyone who wants to learn. Do you have nay questions or subjects you would like me to go into?

https://youtube.com/channel/UCuv7FzDLgzMR_QFR623ltiw

If you wish to subscribe that would be great also

Thanks

Dean. DM Music Tuition 

https://www.instagram.com/dmmusictuition/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• loveagood69loveagood69 Frets: 123
    Brilliant Dean, well put together and you come across well. The rolling tab is a really nice touch as well.

Youtubing can be hard work for very little gain, i hope you get the subscribers you deserve! 
  • Brilliant Dean, well put together and you come across well. The rolling tab is a really nice touch as well.

Youtubing can be hard work for very little gain, i hope you get the subscribers you deserve! 
    Thanks so much! Yes it is very hard work but I’m enjoying it.

which vids did you watch? The John Mayer one? Any others? So you like the rolling tab! Great. Does it need the slow down too? You can slow things down on YouTube so I might just do play through a at full speed? 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I like the videos (sampled a couple)!

But.... and it's a bigggggg one.

Those thumbnails....

I generally don't (and a lot of people are the same) don't love them, and may not open the video based on them, as it doesn't look like serious tuition, it looks joke/meme.  However!!  I'm 31, and maybe not your target audience.

Good videos at a good pace!  The content is great.  
  • dean111musicdean111music Frets: 278
    edited April 2021
    joeyowen said:
    I like the videos (sampled a couple)!

But.... and it's a bigggggg one.

Those thumbnails....

I generally don't (and a lot of people are the same) don't love them, and may not open the video based on them, as it doesn't look like serious tuition, it looks joke/meme.  However!!  I'm 31, and maybe not your target audience.

Good videos at a good pace!  The content is great.  
    Thank you. It would be great to hear what everyone else thinks on this as you want people to click! 

Maybe that’s why views are low?

Do you have thumbnails you can recommend as ones to be inspired by?

that would be so good if you can. It’s a hard to put yourself on the other side when you are doing your own!

From what I have read on trying to build YouTube videos to get more views your thumb nails have to be more clickable - Click bait material. I was trying to go down that path but maybe it’s the wrong way to go?! Or I’m just doing it completely wrong  i definitely want a professional vibe!
  • Would you say the “Therefore I am” video is a better one? 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I'm honestly no expert!

However, if you look at StevieT/Davie504 channels.  They are very meme/joke/react type channels.  Their thumnails will be along the OMG line.

If you look at JustinGuitar, Paul Davids etc... they are tutorial based, so maybe use theirs for some reference?

I welcome anyone else reading to correct me however, it's just my opinion!

• dean111musicdean111music Frets: 278
    edited April 2021
    joeyowen said:
    I'm honestly no expert!

However, if you look at StevieT/Davie504 channels.  They are very meme/joke/react type channels.  Their thumnails will be along the OMG line.

If you look at JustinGuitar, Paul Davids etc... they are tutorial based, so maybe use theirs for some reference?

I welcome anyone else reading to correct me however, it's just my opinion!

this is Paul Davids recent thumbnails

Most are more emotive faces... The text are inconsistent and i'm not sure you instantly would know its his videos unless you just saw his face. So i guess faces are important. But do you like his more recent thumbnail?