Homeskoolin' Tom Bukovac

What's Hot
Worth a mention if it's not been already, but Tom Bukovac's new Youtube channel 'Homeskoolin' is some of the best guitar viewing and information out there at the moment. If you don't know him he's one of the top if not the top session guitarist's, based in Nashville. Watch and learn!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    Yeah he’s been mentioned on here before. 

No link??
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randersonranderson Frets: 187
    edited April 2021
    From yesterday   :  A great example  of awesome, musical guitar playing. Live concert link  (starts at 6:40 timestamp) -

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10397
    I watched the first show a week ago, he did 2 that night and he did say he was more comfortable on the 2nd show ... just a brilliant musical player, my favourite YT channel for sure nowadays. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • randersonranderson Frets: 187
    Danny1969 said:
    I watched the first show a week ago, he did 2 that night and he did say he was more comfortable on the 2nd show ... just a brilliant musical player, my favourite YT channel for sure nowadays. 
    Without a doubt.   Just great tasteful musicians on display here. Great   viewing/learning.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1323
    Generally the old style Guitar Player interviews with the top flight have gone the way of the Dodo in print media but this months Guitarist (Fripp) cover goes in deep with Bukovac. It's terrific.

Some nuggets in there:

His Nashville session work from 2009 - 2015 (after which he'd burn out and quit when country pop met computers etc...) - 6 or 7 days a week for up to 13 hours a day.
    Ridiculous if true.
    I love guitar - but I realise I don't love it THAT much - and gives you the idea that if you want to be the best wrt session world - that's the stakes you'd be playing for.

Regarding the Nashville session scene - it's made up of around 100 players - 15 for each instrument category - who all know each other. Dan Huff gave Bukovac his break into that exclusive club.
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CastroCastro Frets: 512
    This is tasty:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ricky50ricky50 Frets: 159
    Castro said:
    This is tasty:

How to play a club with 3 guitars and still leave space - simply stunning.