Roger Waters - "The Bravery of Being Out of Range" home sessions

What's Hot

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    I must say, I've really enjoyed this series of recordings. Very much hoping that the rescheduled tour gets to Europe at some point. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71951
    Stunning.

That’s such a prophetic song, even without the update... it really was written thirty years ago.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2602
    edited April 2021 tFB Trader
    I must say, I've really enjoyed this series of recordings. Very much hoping that the rescheduled tour gets to Europe at some point. 
    Yeah, I just saw this.. Hopefully they will bring it here too

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    Wow. Thanks for posting that. Loved it.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2602
    tFB Trader
    proggy said:
    Wow. Thanks for posting that. Loved it.
    :+1: 
    Theres an interesting note from him as well in the details...

This is a new recording and video of “The Bravery of Being Out of Range” from my 1992 album, 'Amused To Death'. It features part of Ronald Reagan’s farewell speech to the nation when he left office. I include the speech because the first verse of the song is about Reagan, he is the old man I am addressing. Reagan is still revered by many, even though he is a mass war criminal who, among his many other crimes, knowingly supported the genocide of the Mayan people of Guatemala when he was president of the United States. His Assistant Secretary of State at the time of the genocide, the equally homicidal Elliot Abrams, still works for unsavory elements in current US Government circles. Try to watch the Journeyman film about the Guatemala genocide and the US government involvement linked here (https://www.journeyman.tv/film/635​​), it is grueling but…. well look at the Guatemalan girls (http://rogerwaters.com/guatemala.jpg), their mothers and grandmothers and fathers were slaughtered with Regan’s blessing.

The second verse is about "Desert Storm" so the second old man is Bush Senior who slaughtered all those disarmed Iraqi troops retreating from Kuwait on Bush’s orders on the road to Basra. The third verse was something I wrote when, disgusted as I was that "thirty years later" the US is still dealing death to innocents in the name of freedom, we decided to do this song as an encore in Latvia. Trump? Biden? Still dropping bombs, still killing innocent people. Same disgusting war hawk puppets. Come on AMERICA, it’s time to MAN UP and say NO MORE KILLING THE CHILDREN TO GET OUR OWN WAY, NO MORE IMPERIAL WARS. LETS GO HOME AND PUT OUR OWN HOUSE IN ORDER! BECAUSE IT'S FUCKED UP.

This new version features: Roger Waters: Piano and Vocal Dave Kilminster: Guitar Joey Waronker: Drums Lucius- Jess Wolfe and Holly Laessig: Vocals Gus Seyffert: Bass Jonathan Wilson: Guitar Jon Carin: Piano and Keys Bo Koster: Hammond Wrangled together by Sean Evans & Roger Waters Mixed by Gus Seyffert Mastered by Dave Gardner Edited by Andy Jennison

This is the fifth in our lockdown series of videos, it is a gift from all of us to all of you. I love you all, thank you for everything. R.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Outstanding stuff 
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    @Rabs ; Brilliant. Thanks for the info and the links, much appreciated.
  • hoopshoops Frets: 223
    Great. Really enjoyed that as I have all the lockdown vids.