Jake Bugg - All I Need (new single)

RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
New single being played repeatedly on Radio X, I've been battered into submission and it's become an earworm!

Live and Official video. I will get the new album when it's out.

He comes across like a young Richard Ashcroft/Liam Gallagher/Ian Brown

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71959

He comes across like a young Richard Ashcroft/Liam Gallagher/Ian Brown
    Only better than all of them... and that's just at singing. He's a very good guitar player and writer as well.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    That was on the Virgin Media on-hold music when I was repeatedly having to call them; I got to quite like it. 

All I need is choo wone let me daaa. 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    edited April 2021
    He's a good proper musician, great distinctive voice and writes proper songs, no pretentious streak as far as I can tell. Seems a genuinely nice chap - there's a hilarious video on YouTube of him discussing his "guitar moves" with an American host, he manages to convince him that Clifton is like a little NYC near Nottingham, with rappers playing basketball on the streets like an oasis of hip hop. Rather than being a big council estate with plenty of problems (but rapping basketball players ain't one). 

He's a cracking song writer. I did see him live in Brum and found it a bit dull, but that was on his second album I think so he's probably got a bit more stage presence and confidence now (and it's possible I found it dull because my Mrs came with me, made us late, then sat there whinging all evening)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826

Any young kid that's prepared to plough his own fame and finances into his boyhood football club is a top lad in my books. He really comes across well.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• rze99rze99 Frets: 2261
    His voice always reminded me of Lee Mavers. I like him but this track doesn't cut it for me.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    rze99 said:
    His voice always reminded me of Lee Mavers. I like him but this track doesn't cut it for me.
    Play it 4 or 5 timed and it will drop. I wasn't sure at first but it's a real grower

• dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    I like him but this track is horrible, utter quantised rubbish that goes no where and no real ideas or inspiration, sounds like he laid down a few vocal phrases to a click and let some bedroom producer do the rest.