Matteo Mancuso's incredible version of Larry Carlton's Room 335.

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6084
I swear this lad is the finest player I've ever seen in my life.His playing is not only technically brilliant but his phrasing and harmonic knowledge are just off the scale. He is so tasteful yet can play with mind blowing speed and precision, yet make it look so effortless.

When he 'jumps' off the main theme of this Larry Carlton classic into the 'solo' section it's just... oh man, there just no words..

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BarneyBarney Frets: 614
    equalsql said:
    I swear this lad is the finest player I've ever seen in my life.His playing is not only technically brilliant but his phrasing and harmonic knowledge are just off the scale. He is so tasteful yet can play with mind blowing speed and precision, yet make it look so effortless.

When he 'jumps' off the main theme of this Larry Carlton classic into the 'solo' section it's just... oh man, there just no words..

I agree ...he's amazing ..IV been listening  to him a lot ..he's got everything , he just just really stands out from all the other players in my opinion 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3489
    His right hand technique is very interesting, flamenco picking for electric guitar. Great player.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    edited April 2021
    This guy is one of the most exciting players around at the moment. His technique is just staggering but as has been already said, his timing and phrasing are superb but more to the point, he's a melodic player and has such a fluidity to his playing and keeps it exciting.

He's also on the radar of a some big players such as Al Di Meola and Bonamassa who've been impressed by him but apart from having his own voice, he nails Pat Metheny, Robben Ford, Django, Brent Mason, Guthrie, Paul Gilbert and others in his YT vids.

His classical guitar work is also nice and I wouldn't be surprised if Al Di Meola does something with him in the future

• BradBrad Frets: 658
    How long till he’s sporting an Ibanez AZ? :wink:

All joking aside, utterly brilliant. The band are really great too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Never heard of him. And this is certainly not my bag. But F### me that is awesome. 
    Thank you.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    edited April 2021
    Fantastic. Yet another great player I'd not heard of. Thanks for posting.

Brad said:
    How long till he’s sporting an Ibanez AZ? wink
    No point in resisting. I've already been assimilated by the Iborgnez AZ Collective.

It's not a competition.