Ozrics: Chicago '94 gig turns up on youtube

What's Hot
blobbblobb Frets: 2914
Just wow.

I've seen them do this a few times now. The feeling you get when it's all over and you go outside, the grin on your face. It was an amazing thing to experience Ozrics in full flight, with the light show and all that. Sometimes though, they were really on it. This is one of those.
Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Tone71Tone71 Frets: 619
    Thanks for sharing, looking forward to watching this later on, they are one of those bands that I have listened to constantly since the late 80's and just never get tired of their albums.
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 696
    Memory hop! Used to love listening to a copy of Live Underslunky I stumbled across years ago...
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 905
    I saw the Ozrics in The Glade at Glastonbury a few years ago and thought they were ace, i'd never listened to them before. I quickly bought a Jurassic Shift/Erpland double cd but what are their other good albums to buy?
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • Curious Corn, Become the Other, Waterfall Cities.....

That’s a brilliant gig..... saw them twice in Liverpool Lomax in the late 90’s, mindblowing
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2914
    @Johnnyseven any of them....................they sound the same  =)

Seriously though, they are all good. They go through changes in band line up mainly whether Joie or Seaweed are on synths and what drummer is on the stool. Otherwise rocky guitar riffs have moved more towards sequenced stuff over the years.

The gig in the link is Ed, Zia, Merv, Seaweed, Jon. Pretty much classic line up right there. Earlier and you get Joie & Roly (Erpland/Pungent/Strangeitude), later you get Rad on drums and things get serious. Jurassic is half Roly half Zia (R.I.P Roly).

If you've heard Erpland & Jurassic I would go for something with Rad on it. He's not human. (or if you want to see them do it live search the Forte Prenestino video on YT).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Pongmasters Ball is good for Schoo on drums, before he went all Courtney Love on us.
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 905
    Thanks @blobb ;
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    Rad's signature track is Coily. But.....here's a great video with Balazs playing it live. This is the Technicians of the Sacred band (Ed, Brandi, Silas (Ed's son) & Balazs)

Balazs was the last drummer before Ed came back to the Uk. He got the job by sending an cover video to Ed.

... here's the audtion, would you take him for your band?

ooh and then there's this just come out. OT as they are now, sort of. Ed & Silas make an appearance on this streaming show, from their front room (now called BlueBubble studios!). Skip to 3hr 14min if it doesn't pick up automatically.

• RabsRabs Frets: 2602
    tFB Trader
    I saw the Ozrics in The Glade at Glastonbury a few years ago and thought they were ace, i'd never listened to them before. I quickly bought a Jurassic Shift/Erpland double cd but what are their other good albums to buy?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 782
    Extrordinary music.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom