Songs/tracks with utterly cringe moments?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
So I was flicking through a gazillion albums on the iPod looking for something to listen to and up came the Bat out of Hell album. I hadn't heard it since the 70s. I bought a secondhand copy a few years ago from a charity shop but never got around to playing it. It wasn't an album that appealed to me when it came out, but with Jim Steinman having died recently I thought I'd give it a spin.

Title track was quite fun, but the second song - You took the words right out of my mouth - I didn't remember at all but it starts with this truly terrible dialogue between some bloke and a woman. It was utterly atrocious, I will HAVE to edit that from the song!!!!!

Basically this:

On a hot summer night
Would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?
Will he offer me his mouth?
Yes
Will he offer me his teeth?
Yes
Will he offer me his jaws?
Yes
Will he offer me his hunger?
Yes
Again, will he offer me his hunger?
Yes
And will he starve without me?
Yes
And does he love me?
Yes
Yes
On a hot summer night
Would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?
Yes
I bet you to say that to all the boys

So yeah, are there any bits tacked onto a song that you HATE! Ideally with a clip to show it. Here's the Meatloaf track:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    That stupid piano afterthought tacked onto Layla which kills it. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • KDSKDS Frets: 220
    munckee said:
    That stupid piano afterthought tacked onto Layla which kills it. 
    I’m not keen on the slide bit either
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    The mid freak out section of Whole Lotta Love. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • NeillNeill Frets: 941
    Outlandos d'Amour is a terrific album and I can still listen to it today, but the spoken word section in the middle of "Be My Girl" is most certainly in the "cringe" category.  When you consider this sits alongside "Roxanne" and "Can't stand losing" you have to wonder what on earth they were thinking.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Neill said:
    Outlandos d'Amour is a terrific album and I can still listen to it today, but the spoken word section in the middle of "Be My Girl" is most certainly in the "cringe" category.  When you consider this sits alongside "Roxanne" and "Can't stand losing" you have to wonder what on earth they were thinking.

Nooooo...it’s probably a bit of it’s time but one of my favourite tracks by The Police. The sheer whimsy of it, hard to believe it’s Andy who wrote and performed it as he seems to have become so po faced in later life. 
    I like nonsense and whimsy on albums. There are certainly tracks on their later albums I’d skip but not Be My Girl - Sally. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2959
    Baba O'Reilly - hate that overlong ending, great song otherwise.

We are the Champions - the very, very ending. No reason not to add '... of the world'. Pisses me off every time.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    "Summer dreams, ripped at the seams, bu-ut....

Eeeeeuuuuoooohhhh'.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1468
    Shrews said:
    Baba O'Reilly - hate that overlong ending, great song otherwise.

We are the Champions - the very, very ending. No reason not to add '... of the world'. Pisses me off every time.  
    Have you actually listened to the end of it recently? You’re mis-remembering. He doesn’t say ‘of the world’ at the end of the song. 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    Shrews said:

I had never noticed this before. Now it's gonna bug the F**k out of me for the rest of my life.

Thanks
    phil_b said:
    Shrews said:

I had never noticed this before. Now it's gonna bug the F**k out of me for the rest of my life.

Thanks
    He doesn’t say it. I always thought he did and then realised he didn’t. And I just re-checked two different versions to make sure.

welcome to the Mandela Effect. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    edited May 2021
    The middle eight in Mott The Hoople’s Roll Away The Stone.

In contrast, I love the spoken stuff on Bat Out Of Hell and the outros of Layla and Baba O’Reilly...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dariusdarius Frets: 619
    phil_b said:
    Shrews said:

Thanks
    I thought this pissed off everyone in the world already?
    Greatest musical cliffhanger of all time!
    The piano bashing section in Thunderclap Newman’s Something in the Air. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Fucksake. Was still half asleep this morning and mid-read the original message. What a bellend. Yes it’s infuriating he doesn’t sing it. 

As you were
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    I like John Mayer but when his lyrics go all creepy it’s the cringiest thing, like the second verse to Still Feel Like Your Man when he’s banging on about shampoo bottles left in his shower, just no! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    edited May 2021
    darius said:
    phil_b said:
    Shrews said:

Thanks
    I thought this pissed off everyone in the world already?
    Greatest musical cliffhanger of all time!
    He sang it that way at Live Aid.  And after that performance, it wasn’t, in my opinion unjustified.  Queen were, at that moment, at their absolute best.

perhaps controversially “ Ashes to Ashes, funk to funky, we know Major Tom’s a junkie”.  It doesn’t anger me, but ‘could do better’.
  • dariusdarius Frets: 619
    Fleetwood Mac having sex all the way through that one about Big Love.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4125
    The piano bashing section in Thunderclap Newman’s Something in the Air. 
    I like that bit ;-)
    Def Leppard at The Reading Festival 1980 (on loads of bootlegs and the recent official Early Years box set)

Joe Elliot’s song introduction “this is a song about a very strange lady.....”Lady Strange”. 

Pure Alan Partridge. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4125
    I do this awful show about terrible songs and I was researching Joan Lewie “always in the kitchen at parties” and he does that sill musical piano section out of time and keeping with song. 
    The following week I played Sea Side Shuffle by Terry Dactyl and it did the same thing and found out it was Jona Lewie, so doesn’t just ruin one song but two with same strange musical walkabout. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom