Songs/tracks with utterly cringe moments?

What's Hot

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12253
    I'll offer up Queen's Don't Stop Me Now, after the slow intro and before the outro. Sounds like the start of a good song until the tempo increases and it just goes into hyper active cringe.

Or  the 20 minute nananananananaaaa refrain of Hey Jude
    I hate hey Jude. I still have nightmares about the time I saw McCartney at Glastonbury. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    munckee said:
    I'll offer up Queen's Don't Stop Me Now, after the slow intro and before the outro. Sounds like the start of a good song until the tempo increases and it just goes into hyper active cringe.

I hate hey Jude. I still have nightmares about the time I saw McCartney at Glastonbury. 
    I bet he only had time for one other song in the set after playing "nananananananaaaa" repeatedly for 45 minutes
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 6953

I liked Hey Jude until I was made to sing it in a karaoke bar in Tokyo.  Then I really noticed how long the nananas went on for.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_1Dan_1 Frets: 93
    From Piece of Mind, which is probably my favourite Iron Maiden album, To Tame A Land is easily their worst track ever in my opinion. It’s so bad it’s cringeworthy. 

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26742
    I like the spoken bit on the Meatloaf. The whole record is campy as hell - that's the whole point.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    I like the spoken bit on the Meatloaf. The whole record is campy as hell - that's the whole point.
    ^ This.  It’s an album about teenage emotion and attitudes and it’s exactly on point with that in mind.  

It was (might still be) best selling album of all time.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641

The instrumental break in My Sharona.

with regards to Layla, I agree but it works great in Goodfellas

https://youtu.be/1Z6MJIjCJ20
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4118
    edited May 2021
    Dan_1 said:
    From Piece of Mind, which is probably my favourite Iron Maiden album, To Tame A Land is easily their worst track ever in my opinion. It’s so bad it’s cringeworthy. 

Not a Frank Herbert fan?

Probably won't like this version either, with my favourite vocalist Anneke van Giersbergen.

• proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    Tannin said:
    The tale of the hare who lost his spectacles on A Passion Play. Mind you, most of the rest of that album was poor, so it took something spectacularly bad to stand out as extra-yuk.

Strange how peoples tastes vary. I really like that album, in all it's quirkiness.
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    Im going to go with pretty much anything that Steve Vai sings on.  I think I only managed to listen to The Story of Light once because of it.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Im going to go with pretty much anything that Steve Vai sings on.  I think I only managed to listen to The Story of Light once because of it.
    Vai singing > Satriani singing
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71950
    I agree it's not his primary talent, but I've got used to it and I don't think it's too bad, especially on the later albums.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    Dan_1 said:

it's not good, is it?  =) My personal lowlight on that album is Quest For Fire. Truly terrible lyrics. I love the rest of the album though!
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5594
    The yodelling in Hocus Pocus, it's really rather a good song up to that point.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24208
    I've just read every post here hoping that nobody had already mentioned this particular one.... and to my joy, they haven't.

Ram Jam's 'Black Betty'.  Fabulous song utterly destroyed by the stupid Benny Hill extension to the guitar solo.

I give you 02:00 in....

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22515
    Emp_Fab said:
    I've just read every post here hoping that nobody had already mentioned this particular one.... and to my joy, they haven't.

Ram Jam's 'Black Betty'.  Fabulous song utterly destroyed by the stupid Benny Hill extension to the guitar solo.

I give you 02:00 in....

I remember when that was a hit single, but I don't recall the Benny Hill bit - well described! - at all.  I think they must have edited out quite a big chunk for the 7" version.
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited May 2021
    Dan_1 said:

it's not good, is it?  My personal lowlight on that album is Quest For Fire. Truly terrible lyrics. I love the rest of the album though!

Not to mention sun and steel or the lyrics in still life.

When they make a good tune it's damn good but when they make a bad one it's almost comical. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22515
    Dan_1 said:

it's not good, is it?  My personal lowlight on that album is Quest For Fire. Truly terrible lyrics. I love the rest of the album though!

Not to mention sun and steel or the lyrics in still life.

When they make a good tune it's damn good but when they make a bad one it's almost comical. 
    Since we're talking Maiden, I've always hated Back in the Village on Powerslave.  Bruce's vocals on the chorus are just painful.  
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23906
    This. It's a fantastic record.

I'm glad I got to see him live before he got old.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9549
    The guitar solo on Easy Like Sunday Morning sets my teeth on edge every time I hear it.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it