Coda Music experiences? (Acoustic)

What's Hot
JT96JT96 Frets: 45
Hi all, 

Hope everyone’s good! I just thought I’d ask here for peoples opinions and experiences purchasing from Coda Music. 

I’m looking at purchasing an acoustic guitar from them at some point in the next few weeks, but Peach is also competitive on the price (albeit not currently in stock).

I know Coda is a smaller shop, and understandably so doesn’t have as big of an online presence and the website doesn’t feel as ‘refined’.  The type of money I’m wanting to spend is a lot for myself (D-18), and with that said I am unable to travel down and wanted to hear peoples experiences with them and with purchasing online especially, if with acoustics even better. 

With this said I am impressed with their selection, but as you can imagine not being able to travel down, purchasing online and not having the most refined website (although this is moot obviously depending on peoples answers!), as you can understand I’d like to hear more from people if possible. 

Thanks again guys and take care. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30865
    Paging @DougCoda ....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5626
    The guys at Coda are the best in the business, in my view, and I'm not just saying that because I'm currently trying to get a deal out of @DougCoda!

Seriously, buy with confidence - if you don't like the guitar they'll arrange a return with no hassle.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5402
    edited May 2021
    Coda is great. Bought loads from them. Buy with confidence!
  • JT96JT96 Frets: 45
    Thanks guys, appreciate the prompt responses! Just to add, I would be looking at financing part of the purchase and also I hope that nobody takes offence in regards to my comment regarding the website, it was not meant with any malicious intent! 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    Utterly wonderful. 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    edited May 2021
    JT96 said:
    Thanks guys, appreciate the prompt responses! Just to add, I would be looking at financing part of the purchase and also I hope that nobody takes offence in regards to my comment regarding the website, it was not meant with any malicious intent! 
    The website is a bit old-hat, but it's a case of substance over style.
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 336
    Brize said:
    The guys at Coda are the best in the business, in my view, and I'm not just saying that because I'm currently trying to get a deal out of @DougCoda!

Seriously, buy with confidence - if you don't like the guitar they'll arrange a return with no hassle.
    This 100%. In my opinion the best there is and you will get a very honest shopping experience. Doug and the gang are the best around
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5000
    edited May 2021
    I’ve bought several guitars and amps from Coda over the years and they’ve been excellent every time. I’ve only ever returned one guitar, which they arranged to be collected promptly and then they refunded me the next day only about an hour after receiving it back. 

I’m expecting another amp from them this Wednesday too, can’t wait!

Edit: my purchases were all made online and Coda  were happy to take extra photos of a guitar in daylight outside the shop when I asked!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • JT96JT96 Frets: 45
    monkey42 said:
    Brize said:

This 100%. In my opinion the best there is and you will get a very honest shopping experience. Doug and the gang are the best around
    I will say it’s quite impressive that quite a few people are so quick to say something so positive, it’s usually the opposite when you get quick responses! Is very reassuring knowing this, just to clarify are these purchases what you’ve made online, in person etc? Are they open to taking pictures of existing stock etc, as this is something I do find quite appealing in peach.
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    I've bought a few in the past year - Fanos, Gibsons, Fender CS and Tone King principally and they've been first class. Specifically re: acoustics, I've bought just one - a '50's series LG2. It was set up very nicely, although I had it set up again to cater for my needs for a ridiculously low action - it's the best acoustic that I've ever had.

Nothing but praise for Coda.
    Call me Dave.
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    I’ve bought a Fender CS strat and a Gibson from them online. Also bought and returned an amp. Excellent service all around. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Excellent shop, although I don't think I'd ever buy an acoustic without playing it first. I've taken the odd punt with electrics but never with acoustics.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    JT96 said:
    monkey42 said:
    Brize said:

I will say it’s quite impressive that quite a few people are so quick to say something so positive, it’s usually the opposite when you get quick responses! Is very reassuring knowing this, just to clarify are these purchases what you’ve made online, in person etc? Are they open to taking pictures of existing stock etc, as this is something I do find quite appealing in peach.
    I've bought online, in store, over the phone, kept stuff, returned stuff, and never had even a sniff of a disappointing experience.

In fact, I went through a really bad run where I returned something like three guitars in a row (I just didn't take to them) and I feared that the guys at Coda would get a bit miffed, but they didn't bat an eyelid.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

DB1 said:
    I've bought a few in the past year - Fanos, Gibsons, Fender CS and Tone King principally and they've been first class. Specifically re: acoustics, I've bought just one - a '50's series LG2. It was set up very nicely, although I had it set up again to cater for my needs for a ridiculously low action - it's the best acoustic that I've ever had.

They probably wouldn't still be in business if not for you, Dave ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Brize said:

DB1 said:

=)  I think they might have just got by! I hadn't bought from Coda before the lockdown, preferring to try in person, but I seem to have cottoned on to this buying online thing now. :o
    Call me Dave.
    DB1 said:
    Brize said:

DB1 said:

=)  I think they might have just got by! I hadn't bought from Coda before the lockdown, preferring to try in person, but I seem to have cottoned on to this buying online thing now. :o
    Next you'll be getting an Amstrad Emailer!
    Brize said:
    DB1 said:
    Brize said:

DB1 said:

Next you'll be getting an Amstrad Emailer!

Ooh how lovely!  That will go well with my word processor.  :)
    Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5141
    I bought a Martin from Coda and @DougCoda looked after me a treat...... :)
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    Buy with confidence.  One of the best guitar shops in the uk
  • pedalopedalo Frets: 178
    I bought a Fender Strat off them about 8 years ago and it was a wonderful experience