Coda Music experiences? (Acoustic)

What's Hot

Comments

• greejngreejn Frets: 127
    Very good shop, and impressive customer service.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4290
    Great shop. Lovely guys

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• djldjl Frets: 17
    Agree coda are great nothing but positive experiences 
  • bacchanalianbacchanalian Frets: 880
    Living in NI I usually always have to buy online and have dealt with Peach, Andertons, Project Music, Musicstreet, Mark @guitars4you , CODA and probably others I have forgotten.

@DougCoda and @guitars4you ; were the best by quite a margin.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9448
    Superb. Full stop. Best dealer there is.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4136
    I bought a pedal from them and it was showing as in stock but they couldn't find it. Delivery was a little while, but they kept me informed & threw in a couple of sets of strings to thank me for waiting. They were the cheapest for that particular pedal too: all in all the service was excellent, I'd definitely use them again
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• pjfpjf Frets: 330
    I’ve dealt with John and Kelvin before, great guys, great players, they know their stuff if you have any questions but there’s never any hard selling. Brilliant guitar shopping experience :)
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12649
    Wonderful shop.
    I bought my two most expensive guitars there and neither were pressured sales. I got to try every guitar I wanted and made my own mind up.
    Good prices and fair p/ex too.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• MikeCMikeC Frets: 448
    I’ve bought a few amps from them over the years. Super helpful and just leave you on peace to try things out. Highly recommend 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26754
    edited May 2021
    I've had a bunch of stuff from them, including an amp shipped internationally. Always impeccable comms and great guys to boot. 

They'll be my first port of call once I'm allowed back in the UK and go on the hunt for an acoustic 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • tsj93tsj93 Frets: 49
    my local shop, always enjoy going in there. Bought a K-Line and was upfront in saying I might return it, they said no problem. I ended up keeping it in the end, great service from the guys
  • chris45chris45 Frets: 221
    I live 10 miles from a well known guitar shop and don’t use them.  I live 100s of miles from Coda and use them - never had a bad experience.
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 600
    Always first class in my experience. Particularly good for getting an honest and detailed description of their stock over the phone.
  • JT96JT96 Frets: 45
    Well, it’s hard to argue against such a unanimous decision.

I’ve pulled the trigger and later this week I’ll be the proud owner of a Martin D18! I feel very odd as I’m super excited but never spent this amount before, but I’m sure once the guitar comes I’ll be too busy playing to think about much else! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    JT96 said:

I’ve pulled the trigger and later this week I’ll be the proud owner of a Martin D18! I feel very odd as I’m super excited but never spent this amount before, but I’m sure once the guitar comes I’ll be too busy playing to think about much else! 
    The great thing about a good acoustic is there’s no reason why it shouldn’t be a lifer. 

I bought a ‘91 D28 in 1993 (it was new old stock) and I still own it today. If you divide the cost by the number of days I’ve owned it, it’s a few pence a day. I’ve played it a lot and would never sell it. That rarest of things - something of truly lasting value.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_1Dan_1 Frets: 93
    Used Coda for over 25 years now and have bought several guitars from them. I’ve never bought from them online, but they’re fantastic in person so I’d imagine they’ll be the same online. 
  • JT96JT96 Frets: 45
    JT96 said:

The great thing about a good acoustic is there’s no reason why it shouldn’t be a lifer. 

I bought a ‘91 D28 in 1993 (it was new old stock) and I still own it today. If you divide the cost by the number of days I’ve owned it, it’s a few pence a day. I’ve played it a lot and would never sell it. That rarest of things - something of truly lasting value.
    Well this is it! 

Not to start any sort of controversial topic, but it’s debatable as to how much an electric guitar ages and how much, if any, changes in sound can be attributed to external things such as amps, pickups etc (although I’m not saying I’m in one camp or the other). But with acoustics, it’s pretty much common knowledge that as the wood ages it will affect the sound, so it’s all the more reason to keep it and allow it to age and mature. 

Also, Chris very kindly informed me that this was the last one they had in stock under the older list price, so managed to nab this prior to the newer Martin prices, but for the same guitar! Happy days!
  • david8199david8199 Frets: 105
    Bought a load of stuff from them over the years. Great company - highly recommended.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    impmann said:
    Wonderful shop.
    I bought my two most expensive guitars there and neither were pressured sales. I got to try every guitar I wanted and made my own mind up.
    Good prices and fair p/ex too.

Funnily enough that's identical to my experiences there.
    Both parts of the shop are awesome.
    Can't fault anything, really great experience all round.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 696
    Have only purchased once from Coda (a Brook acoustic) and that was via appointment during the early stages of the pandemic. Their service was excellent even given the challenging circumstances and I'll definitely use them again. Highly positive experience. Enjoy your new Martin when it arrives!