SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wanted - Fender Flip Flop Stratocaster

What's Hot
After a lot of googling, I finally figured out the strat I want. If anyone has a blue-green flip flop stratocaster, please get in touch! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    After a lot of googling, I finally figured out the strat I want. If anyone has a blue-green flip flop stratocaster, please get in touch! 
    flip flop?

I've heard of flip paint, but never a guitar based on casual beach footwear?
  • TheModieselTheModiesel Frets: 77
    axisus said:
    flip flop?

Yeah it is flip paint but apparently thats what they were called  =)

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Fender-Stratocaster-Flip-Flop-Colour-Two-Tone-Blue-to-Green/ZL7
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18385
    axisus said:
    flip flop?

Yeah, thongs ain't what they used to be.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I have a flip paint body - it's very cool.
    axisus said:
    Fancy sending a pic over? I'd love to see it!
    axisus said:
    It actually looks pretty dramatic at the right angle with the right lighting! The more normal look is the first two pictures.

This guitar has been in pieces for many years, I may reassemble it again now ....

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    wow that looks incredible! why did you end up taking it apart? 
    wow that looks incredible! why did you end up taking it apart? 
    Well I have a tree of life inlay put on the fretboard and ran with it like that for a few years (proper job, not stickers). I also replaced the trem with a Gotoh FR. All was good but then I had the idea of making a body for a guitar - my first attempt. As money was tight and I wasn't playing this guitar as much, I decided to filtch the neck and Gotoh trem for it. Thus was my 'Angel' tele born. A damn cool guitar if I say so myself! 

That was many years ago, pre Fretboard forum. I eventually decided to make my own neck for Angel, so that it was 'all my own work'. The tree of life JS neck was available again, but I had to rout this body for the bigger Gotoh trem posts (which I took for Angel), so I couldn't put the guitar together again easily. The bits went in the loft and stayed there.

Got the body out today. Game on!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thats very cool! Ah that does make sense, when the project gets split into other projects and you're just left with all the spares ahaha. If you get it all back together, PM me a pic, I'm proper interested in seeing how it turns out again!
  • Wow thats a JS-90HAM!! I tried to buy one years ago on fleabay but got stiffed by the seller but payapl gave me my money back. That's the only Satriani model I've ever wanted. If you ever feel like selling it, hit me up!
    Wow thats a JS-90HAM!! I tried to buy one years ago on fleabay but got stiffed by the seller but payapl gave me my money back. That's the only Satriani model I've ever wanted. If you ever feel like selling it, hit me up!
    I hate to disappoint you, but it's not a JS-90HAM! It's a regular JS100.

If anyone remembers MachineHead music - a super guitar shop that used to be in Hitchin. The proprietor was all round excellent guy Jeff Pumfrett. A pal of his ran a custom car shop and he rang Jeff to say that they had just sprayed a whole car with flip paint and had a bit spare - did he want a guitar body spraying? Jeff thought that the curvy body of the JS100 would work well, and he was right! 
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 823
    axisus said:
    axisus said:
    It actually looks pretty dramatic at the right angle with the right lighting! The more normal look is the first two pictures.

This guitar has been in pieces for many years, I may reassemble it again now ....

TVR’s used to be painted that colour! Yuk! :)
  • Exactly the same Purple / Green iridescent paint as the JS-90, You could have fooled me!
  • donnerdonner Frets: 48
    edited May 2021
    There's a japanese Flip-Flop-Fender-Strat on sale at ebay Kleinanzeigen in Munich/Germany.
    Not so easy to expedit it to Post-Brexit-Britain.
    No affiliation, burgundy to green instead of green to blue and, as I suppose, not really cheap:
    https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/fender-stratocaster-japan-fsr-burgundy-to-green-flip-flop/1748479014-74-6451