New Vinyl album with no download voucher

What's Hot
JayceeJaycee Frets: 287
I got the latest Birdy album on Vinyl 140gms recycled vinyl, double album the one disc is a marble  Dusky Pink colour and the other a Dark Green, all vey nice all in all a nice package.

I didn't give it a second thought but it doesn't have a download voucher, most if not all of the vinyl I have bought over the last few years have had a voucher, the "Rag N Bone man" album even had a copy of the cd in a black slip sleeve!

Other vinyls that I bought I allready had the cds anyway so it didn't bother me. I emailed customer services

"Thanks for your message.

I have checked the order and can see that it was placed for Young Heart Exclusive Recycled Vinyl.

This order does not come with a download with it.

Please do let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Thanks,

Scott
Your Warner Music Customer Service Team

In this digital age I assumed that you would have a code,  now I gotta work out how to set up my turntable in the car!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    Yup - annoying isn't it?  Same even on Amazon, you don't always get Autorip with the vinyl.

... and like you say, sometimes you get a CD in the vinyl!  Had that with the last Manics album, and one of Noel G's ones.

I believe the inconsistencies are probably down to the major labels not giving two shits if you get good VFM for the utterly ridiculous £20-25 we are all paying for new vinyl!
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4080
    Torrent it, if you’ve paid for the album surely it’s no problem 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71952
    Torrent it, if you’ve paid for the album surely it’s no problem 
    This. All it means is that someone else has done the work of converting it for you.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4118
    It is problem with lots of vinyl I've bought recently - no CD or download code. But I tend to use Spotify on the move so it's not a major problem. I wish there was a standard though - a download code really would be appreciated.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    Isn't needing a download code kind of an admission of defeat?
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    It’s like being sent a digital photo of your art... or maybe CDs are better than vinyl....
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3124
    mrkb said:
    It’s like being sent a digital photo of your art... or maybe CDs are better than vinyl....
    They definitely are...in the car ;)
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 287
    mrkb said:
    They definitely are...in the car ;)

Vinyl is my preffered medium, but sometimes the ease of a cd or plugging into the ipod and ones level of "laziness"  wins :)
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    I'm not sure who Birdy is (but it sounds below par to me, boom boom), but perhaps artists currently can't afford to give away two copies of their albums for the price of one at the moment, given they've not been able to tour and streaming seems to be of limited monetary value?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic