SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Squier Silver Series Stratocaster - 3TSB - Sold

What's Hot
CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 849
edited May 2021 in Guitars £
Selling my Squier Silver Series strat as I’m mainly a telecaster player and my other strat (60’s Roadworn) covers my SSS requirements.
1993, all original to my knowledge. Sounds great, plays great with a nice low action and a decent sized neck.
In great condition for a 28 year old guitar with just a couple of light marks to the front and one small chip on the back edge (last photo).  Still has the 2nd tone pot working the middle pickup and no tone on the bridge pickup. I love the sound of these pickups. Nice, stratty, but with a bit more oomph.

Edit. I've a Fender gigbag I can include too.

Ideally collection from Leyland, Lancashire. Or a possible meet-up, within reasonable distance.

£345

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CarbonCopyCarbonCopy Frets: 206
    Very nice and very clean! The last of the Japanese Squiers.

I had one of these a few years back and gigged it as my main guitar for duo gigs despite having an American Standard I could have used. It was only once I got a Custom Shop at ten times the price that I sold it.

A very fair price for one of these. If I was closer, I might have been tempted!
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Lovely, my first proper guitar! bought one the same from Cranes in Cardiff, only to trade it in a few years later in Camden for an amp. Fabulous condition for one of these, am very tempted but don’t get across the M62 at all these days....GLWTS

• CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 849
    @SimpleSimon more than happy to meet half way.
    I’ve got friends near Rochdale.
  • JodyJamesJodyJames Frets: 36
    These are great guitars and that's a very good price. My first guitar at age 11 was a sonic blue/maple fretboard number, still  my best strat. I sometimes think I'm biased/sentimental about feeling that it punches above its weight, but recently had the frets dressed and was told it was better than a number of US strats that had been in the shop recently. Whoever buys this should be very happy!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 849
    Bump
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2512
    Surprised this is still here..
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 556
    Great guitar & a top bloke . . . 
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1722
    Thats a nostalgic one :) Exactly like my first proper guitar!
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
  • jiiimjiiim Frets: 30
    Ah yes, the humble silver series! I'm pretty sure they all play as effortlessly as this:

• maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 556
    Surprised this is still here..
    +1
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  !