SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 1975 Fender Mustang Bass £1500

St_HubbinsSt_Hubbins Frets: 189
edited May 2021 in Basses £
£1500.

http://imgur.com/a/bWHsAwR

Beautiful sunburst and all original! Here we have a 1975 Mustang bass that has seen some action, but as you see from the pics is in top condition. I have owned a few Mustangs, and this one is the lightest I've had. The wood is resonant, and it plays beautifully all the way up the neck. I imported this from the highly respected Bambibau Collection in Italy, purveyors of very fine vintage basses. They only deal with the good stuff! 

Vintage Mustangs are in my opinion the best sounding basses to record this, and this has been used on a couple of projects recently. And whilst lockdown put pay to my hopes of getting this thing onstage, it will turn heads when the time comes for the new owner. Famous users of 70s Mustang basses include Tina Weymouth (Talking Heads).

The most notable dings/damage are clearly shown in the pics...the scrape on the back of the neck near headstock, and two dings on the edge of the bass parallel with volume and tone knobs.

I am selling without case, but have a padded Fender gig bag. I have a shipping box so delivery possible.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7110
    I love the sound of these old fender short scale bases . I had a 74 musicmaster once and it just sounded like Motown :-)

Looks gorgeous that one - way tidier than my old thing
  • ZoonyboyZoonyboy Frets: 165
    I have a 76 that looks just like it but mine is a bit heavy. Somebody please stop me from considering another bass purchase!
    AWB and KC & The Sunshine Band used them, too. You can't go wrong!
  • St_HubbinsSt_Hubbins Frets: 189
    Hi @DrCornelius, hope you are well mate. Yes, I am very much into Fender 70's shortscale basses. Musicmaster's too...we use one in the GC live set up which you will have seen. It's refinished in what I call "Magner's cider pink."

Thanks @Zoonyboy...I have a feeling you would love this one :)
    You know, I hate to ask this, as it always seems a dumb question, but could you weight the bass, please? 
  • St_HubbinsSt_Hubbins Frets: 189
    Zoonyboy said:
    You know, I hate to ask this, as it always seems a dumb question, but could you weight the bass, please? 
    7.8 lbs. Definitely lighter than a '78 model I previously owned :)
    Mine is 8.8 lbs, a whole lb heavier. I shall have to consider weight watching. Thanks!