Lovely things these! Very underrated! 

Cort Action DLX or something. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    What did you exchange against the Cort? 

On some examples, the headstock logo is rendered in a self-adhesive silver foil type material. This might explain why somebody has succeeded in removing it.

The goodness of the Action DLX is its EMG35 sized pickups. Easy to customise and get whatever sounds you desire. There should even be space in the control cavity for a third EQ pot.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    What did you exchange against the Cort? 
    I got shot of an Ashdown combo that's been taking up too much space since I got my Ampeg a few months back. 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72251

Are these from the same factory as Ibanez Soundgear? It looks remarkably similar.

If so it should be well made and very good value for money.

Legionreturns said:

I got shot of an Ashdown combo
    Win!

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:

Are these from the same factory as Ibanez Soundgear? It looks remarkably similar.

If so it should be well made and very good value for money.

Legionreturns said:

I got shot of an Ashdown combo
    Win!

:)
    It just says Indonesia 

• I've got a Cort Action bass, like the one in the OP but plain black and passive "PJ" pickups. I bought it years ago for about £100 I think (when it was a couple of years old). It's an excellent bass for somebody like me who doesn't play bass much and can't really justify anything posh. It's comfortable and well-balanced and just feels nice to play - and sounds like a bass. With the active pickups I'd expect it's even better.

On some examples, the headstock logo is rendered in a self-adhesive silver foil type material. This might explain why somebody has succeeded in removing it.

Mine looks like it's got a plastic "veneer" sheet over the whole front of the headstock. Could probably be peeled off with a bit of heat if it got tatty or somebody wanted to get rid of the Cort logo for some reason.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72251
    Legionreturns said:

It just says Indonesia 
    That's where the new Soundgears are made too.

Aside from the exact body and headstock shapes, the position of the dot markers, and that I've never seen a Soundgear with that sort of flame top, it looks more or less identical.

That's a good thing.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    Cort factory makes Ibanez, Squier, Schecter and, surprisingly enough, Cort. There is considerable overlap between models, particularly at the budget end of the market. Apart from the headstock outline, the "beginner" SR model is almost identical to the Squier MB and entry Action.*

On the Action DLX, the EQ is active but the pickups are not. In most online retail photographs, the headstock has the same photo-flame colour scheme as the body. It is possible that the black covering is a protective plastic film.

* Fnar, fnar, missus.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    One of the shops I frequent in Belfast us always pushing Cort. Never tried one, but I'm assured they are the best VFM.
    Well I had a brief play through the Ampeg and it sounds great both clean and driven. It's got brand new Rotosounds on courtesy of the previous owner so that will help. 

Can't believe these things are so cheap!