Humble Pie live 1971. Walk On Gilded Splinters. Rare new colour footage!

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6084
For Humble Pie fans out there, like yours truly, some new high quality colour footage of the Frampton era line-up performing Dr John's  Walk On Gilded Splinters.

For Pie fans this is like finding the arc of the covenant.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• McSwaggertyMcSwaggerty Frets: 657
    equalsql said:
    For Humble Pie fans out there, like yours truly, some new high quality colour footage of the Frampton era line-up performing Dr John's  Walk On Gilded Splinters.

For Pie fans this is like finding the arc of the covenant.

Feckin Excellent Mate...well done.. there is very little footage of The Pie.
    Terrific band, Dynamite Live.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1172
    Superb, thanks for posting.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2489
    Wow, I only watched this the other day! Know the song from Stanley Road. I didn't realise it was a cover  :3
  • smigeonsmigeon Frets: 282
    Loved that!
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6084
    I've always loved the version of this track on their live Performance album, especially the dualling guitars section. This looks like it might be from a rehearsal, note the Marshall  amps perched on chairs . 49 years since I first purchased Performance and I have always wished I could have seen them live during that period. This is just amazing to see.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    It's hard to find words for something like this... that period, from the end of the '60s to the mid '70s, was so magical.  It's one song that's 20 minutes long, but it doesn't feel self-indulgent.  They're not all waiting for their turn to show off, they're supporting each other, just playing for the sheer exhilaration of it.  Terrific stuff.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Wow, just wow. I would’ve loved to see the Pie play but never managed it. Saw Steve Marriott in his later years, he was pissed (no surprise) but still had that fabulous voice. 
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5128
    Wow, I only watched this the other day! Know the song from Stanley Road. I didn't realise it was a cover  :3

So's this.

Here's the original:

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    I only know Dr. John as a regular Later... guest who Jools Holland would always engage in a tedious boogie-woogie piano duet.  I expect he also did better things.  
  • Philly_Q said:
    I only know Dr. John as a regular Later... guest who Jools Holland would always engage in a tedious boogie-woogie piano duet.  I expect he also did better things.  
    He most certainly did. Check out Gris Gris as a starting point for the madness.