Roland parts / spares UK ?

Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24210
edited May 2021 in Other Instruments
Does anyone know of a decent supplier for parts for Roland keyboards in the UK?  Roland UK themselves are fucking useless.

Edit: I've just discovered that Roland no longer sell spare parts to anyone that isn't a Roland authorised service centre.  "Right to Repair" comes to the UK....  Bastards.
Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2723
    Emp_Fab said:
    Does anyone know of a decent supplier for parts for Roland keyboards in the UK?  Roland UK themselves are fucking useless.

Edit: I've just discovered that Roland no longer sell spare parts to anyone that isn't a Roland authorised service centre.  "Right to Repair" comes to the UK....  Bastards.
    We are an official service centre and can order parts.

There are probably a few keyboard repairers who have a stock of some Roland parts, but there are so many parts I'm pretty sure no-one will have that extensive a stock.

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    Emp, thought you’d found the parts in the states?
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24210
    I have - the parts come to $21.  By the time insured shipping, VAT and Handling fees are added, that 21 bucks turns into no less than 76 QUID!  If I can get the parts in the UK it will be much cheaper.
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    You prolly won’t pay duty on $21!!!! Or a handling charge!...

I bought a big bag of plectrums from the states, came to $30 plus the shipping...

no issues at all!.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24210
    edited May 2021
    Great!  If I send you $30 can you order them for me then?  The shipping alone is 60-odd dollars !!
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 831
    jpfamps said:
    Emp_Fab said:

There are probably a few keyboard repairers who have a stock of some Roland parts, but there are so many parts I'm pretty sure no-one will have that extensive a stock.

@jpfamps Im book marking this.......

Tried to contact an "official service centre" provided me by roland a few weeks back.  Never got an answer from them by EMail or by telephone (left messages).   As it is, I fixed the issue myself (sticky key on an RD2000 - got a knock and the guide bit pushed two keys together) BUT for anything down the line (given I have the RD, a Fantom, and TR8)....
  • uksaint7uksaint7 Frets: 308
    jpfamps said:

I'll drop you a pm if that's ok. I did email my local Roland spares stockist a few weeks ago after a couple of bits but never heard back.
  • The Music Station in Swansea used to be a Boss/Roland centre. Don’t know if they still are.