Oasis band

What's Hot
billandobillando Frets: 26
Hey guys. Iv played in various bands over the years but last few years ive been in an oasis cover group called "undercover oasis" the name mostly reflects the fact we dont try to look like them. We have been gigging in the aberdeen area for 2 years and starting to get a little following. Everyone who comes to the gigs says we are the best oasis cover group out there and i think we are too. Youtube us and then "noasis"....see what you think....i think were better than them. 

Anyway were gigging again so if anyone wants us to play in their joint give me a shout or enquire on our facebook page.

Undercover oasis.

Thanks

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• billandobillando Frets: 26
    Using my phone can anyone explain how to put on youtube clips on here? Im shit woth techmology.
    Shit with technology i meant
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    https://youtu.be/WwT1Bl2JAjw

On YouTube hit Share then Copy Link and then paste on here. 

NB if you post and then afterwards edit the post it will kill the YouTube link and you have to recopy and paste. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    https://youtu.be/rcD88xM6iDM

This is you then. 
    Yes i dont like that clip though the mix wasnt right. We normally play unmiced so we do our own sound checks but that day everything was through the PA
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    billando said:
    Youtube us and then "noasis"....see what you think....i think were better than them. 
    I wouldn't be putting yourselves up against other bands like that, You may think you're better, other's won't, and comments like that can create friction. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    John_A said:
    billando said:
    Youtube us and then "noasis"....see what you think....i think were better than them. 
    I wouldn't be putting yourselves up against other bands like that, You may think you're better, other's won't, and comments like that can create friction. 
     Definitely (not maybe)

Also, part of the reason Noasis have the level of gigs they do is because they do dress up etc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    When I played a few scooter rallies and mod nights there seemed to always be an Oasis tribute and they always seemed to go for the look, in the scheme of things not the most complex look to pull off. If I was doing it and wanted more/ better paid gigs I’d look at the image; it doesn’t have to be trying to do a lookalike but something to suggest you’ve made an effort. 
  • 26.226.2 Frets: 524
    You’ve got the sound but why stop there? You’ll lose out to bands that may not be ‘as good’ but have the look sorted out - that’s part of the appeal of tribute acts. It all depends on whether you’re serious about taking it somewhere.

If it was my band I’d do a Blur cover as well in the style of Oasis, or at least merge part of a couple of Blur songs in the middle of an Oasis song. It would be a cool point of difference and give the audience a laugh and a talking point.