OM sized better for me?

What's Hot
JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/13070112024858--breedlove-passport-ommme-2013

So over the last few weeks I've been playing one of these while my Faith is in waiting the fitting of the LR Baggs system I bought. (This hasn't been fitted and won't be fitted for a while which may be good considering my situation!) However, I'm find the breedlove OM size so nice to play, I never feel my back or arm getting strained. I'm not sure if the neck scale is shorter but does seem easier to fret.

So I'm in a dilemma, do I get an OM sized guitar and sell the Faith?

Any advice here? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3677
    Which model Faith is it?

I sold my Dreadnaught because of shoulder pain and replaced it with a Faith Venus (via a Baby Taylor but let’s not go there :) ) and found I was playing more because it was far more comfortable to play. 

So if you’re currently playing a larger bodied guitar and uncomfortable I’d definitely recommend a smaller bodied one. I’m a big fan of smaller guitars though. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Good call. I'm currently using a faith Venus too

https://www.faithguitars.com/guitars/by-series/naked-series/product/125-fkv-naked-venus-cut-electro

However, this sounds great but not sure size wise it's right for me. I'm six foot two/three so it should be ok but it's not!
    Think you may want to go smaller than OM then. The Venus was about the same size as my 00015 which has the same width body as an OM at 15”. So I’d say a Venus is an OM at least based on Martin sizing. What is the body width (lower bout) on the Breedlove?

If the Venus was uncomfortable a parlour size may be better. 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3493
    Jetfire said:
    Good call. I'm currently using a faith Venus too

https://www.faithguitars.com/guitars/by-series/naked-series/product/125-fkv-naked-venus-cut-electro

However, this sounds great but not sure size wise it's right for me. I'm six foot two/three so it should be ok but it's not!
    Your Faith is an OM sized, it has a 15" lower bout. They both seem to have the same depth as well of 4.5".

So I am unsure why the one seems more comfortable than the other.

They are both long scale as well.

Is the Breedlove easier to play than the Faith? Does it have a lower action? It could be the thing which makes a difference.
    Agree.  It must be something else about the Breedlove that makes it easier to play. 
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    I have no idea if I'm honest. I haven't played the Faith for over four weeks which makes me wonder if it's just my imagination or is it an actual difference. One does have a cutaway which makes me wonder if that's the main thing at play here.