SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn 2001 Les Paul Standard

What's Hot
CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2077
edited June 2021 in Guitars £
This has been sold on the forum previously and is easily one of the most stunning Les Pauls I have seen. I did a trade deal with a couple of guitars for this with the intention of moving it on but it wasn't easy to follow through with that given how cool this guitar is.

It is a PSL ("Pre-Sold Limited") model, meaning this guitar is part of a small batch of Les Pauls that have the same exact specs. It's a made to measure order with a hand picked top and has been through an absolutely stunning aging process even the lifton case has been aged!!!
P90s are also aged versions and signed as such on the back.
All true historic appointments, case candy and COA included this is pretty much the same condition it would have left the factory in.

Weight 8lbs 9  8lbs 14oz

Going to offer it up on the forum for £4750 plus postage. Will consider trades on this one and would even add the Les Paul Standard for something vintage.

SOLD

A very clean example of a 78 Telecaster Custom I got in a trade. Its all original including the hardcase and ashtray bridge cover. Plays fantastic but does weigh in at a hefty 9lb 6

£2850 inc postage - SOLD

And another just taken in trade a 2001 Les Paul Standard. An absolute beast this one it’s pretty mint condition with original case it’s a proper Les Paul this!!

£1750 inc Postage 

Trying not to consider trades as I seem to be in a never ending cycle of trade deals just now most of which have included me throwing more cash at the incoming stuff. That being said feel free to ask, can only say no.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bencowling81bencowling81 Frets: 420
    Looks great and glwts. String/neck alignment looks a bit dramatically out though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2077
    Looks great and glwts. String/neck alignment looks a bit dramatically out though.
    Thanks Ben, although I probably would have preferred that comment via pm but you are right it does. Will get it adjusted and post new pics at some point.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Alright the alignment was an easy fix. @bencowling81  thanks again, genuinely grateful for you pointing it out just consider pm when pointing stuff like that out on a classified ad. In this case it was pretty blatant from the pics I guess tbf  =)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1426
    That’s a beauty. GLWTS.
    Thanks @hyperben it’s been well looked after 
  • bencowling81bencowling81 Frets: 420
    CMW335 said:
    Alright the alignment was an easy fix. @bencowling81  thanks again, genuinely grateful for you pointing it out just consider pm when pointing stuff like that out on a classified ad. In this case it was pretty blatant from the pics I guess tbf  =)

Sorry will PM in future, thanks for the tip. Good work on the fix, guitar looks fantastic.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4924
    edited June 2021
    Veeery nice and love that natural amber colour...very classic and refined. Sadly, I lack the wonga to take it off your hands.  But luverly guitar!  3
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    Voxman said:
    Veeery nice and love that natural amber colour...very classic and refined. Sadly, I lack the wonga to take it off your hands.  But luverly guitar!  3
    Thanks mate… about to add another which might tempt you  =)
    Bump for the Les Paul, Telecaster now sold
  • FretboredFretbored Frets: 60
    @daveyh was after a 2001 standard...
    Fretbored said:
    @daveyh was after a 2001 standard...
    Thanks I think he contacted me via Reverb (or coincidence that it was a another David with surname beginning with H)

Too heavy for him unfortunately 10lb 6 if anyone is considering 
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 700
    It was me! Unfortunately yeah, I’m not a fan of that weight which is a shame cos it’s a looker
    Bump for a great Les Paul
  • Love a black Les Paul, good luck with the sale!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump with a fantastic new Les Paul added
    A few people have asked about the weight of the R4 it clocks in at a nice 8lb 9 will add this to the OP as well
  • That's one of the best looking Gibsons I've seen on here. 
  • God that 54 is a thing of beauty, Might be willing to part with my 55 Special for that  :#
    Correction re the weight it's 8.9lbs on digital scales so actually 8lbs 14oz or 4.05 kg

Thanks @fretfinder ;