Western Jam, Saturday 2nd October, 2021 -- Factory Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6635
    edited June 2021
    I didnt see the point in proposing what we want to play until the songlist gets reduced after all suggestions are in. But if you want that now I'd like to do:-

Sing and basic rhythm guitar - Keep Your Hands To Yourself
    Sing 
    and basic rhythm guitar - Cold Hard Bitch
    Sing/lead guitar  or drums - Rocks
    Sing/lead guitar  or drums - Hard to Handle
    Sing/lead guitar - Bathroom Wall
    Sing/lead guitar - Talk Dirty to Me

Might drum and sing on other tracks once final list is clarified.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nickpnickp Frets: 182
    have left messages and emailed factory studios for an all day booking of the live room plus a larger rehearsal room on the october dates and asked for cost - just chased them today.  no one there to answer the phone.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2176
    edited June 2021
    @mrkb I've entered some info in the spreadsheet. There's a comment (if you hover over the cell) where I've made entries, so you can see what I've done. Is that OK? Or do you want me to do things differently?

For example, @spark240 I've seconded 'Is She Really Going Out With Him'. And I've put the key as Bb but starting on Dm7, which matches the original and the version I used to play. Hopefully that fits with your version.

It's not a competition.
    @Brocco ; - heard back from The Factory after chasing - they have a question - is it 9 till 6pm or 9 till 10pm

ta (full message below)
    . Either 2nd/3rd October or 16th/17th October looks good for us. The live room is available, and if you are after another large rehersal room but not the pole room (next to live room), then the lounge would probably be best. That is available too. When you say all day, are you looking for roughly 09:00 – 18:00 or would it be something like 09:00 – 22:00? 
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    @nickp - many thanks Nick.  Last time I think we booked from 10am until 6pm and ran from 11am until 5pm to allow for travel, set up, strip down, etc. 

Question for @onlyonebradders - will you be bringing your own drum kit?

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4436
    Brocco said:

He's not getting any notifications at the moment.  I suspect the answer to your question is 'no' as his acoustic kit is here in Reading.  I'll give him a prod and get him to come on and say hi.

For those that are wondering, @onlyonebradders is my brother; we were looking at getting him involved at the last Bristol jam as backup to the main drummer, but at the time he was about to start a job in Derby so it wasn't going to work out.  But he's back in Brizzle now, and seems to have been promoted to main drummer status!  Hopefully between him and @mrkb , we should have drumming duties covered.

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

@mrkb I've entered some info in the spreadsheet. There's a comment (if you hover over the cell) where I've made entries, so you can see what I've done. Is that OK? Or do you want me to do things differently?

For example, @spark240 I've seconded 'Is She Really Going Out With Him'. And I've put the key as Bb but starting on Dm7, which matches the original and the version I used to play. Hopefully that fits with your version.

Thats great - feel free to add whatevers needed. It purely there to make sure everyone is aware of whats planned and who's doing (and bringing) what on the day- it should be being tweaked, added to and modified up until the day of the event.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • HCDaviesHCDavies Frets: 12
    edited June 2021
    Just to mention, if anyone else want's to guitar on Every Little Thing She Does, I'm equally happy to play bass and still do vocals. I've not tried bass and vocals on China Girl however.

One other question, Is there a facebook page for this, I'm not big on that stuff, but it might be useful?

And re: times, I can't see me staying later than 6, at the latest.
    I wont be able to go past 6 either - I have a 2 hour drive back home.

We can do multiple runs through a song swapping guitarists/bassists etc if needed, so once sign up for song parts starts please chime in with what you want to play. Im sure everyone's playing wishes can be accommodated.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    2/3 Oct and 16/17 October free.  Can book from 9 until 6 pm or 9 till 10.  The two rooms are £155 or £210 depending on wether it's until 6 or 9pm.   Is the Sunday going to be easier for everyone as it's God's day of rest?  @Brocco ;
    @nickp - timing would need to be 9 until 6pm. Could everyone please quickly confirm any preference for a Sat or Sun so we can lock everything down
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Saturday would be easier for me, but I can manage Sunday if that's the majority preference.
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4436
    Saturday from preference.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    Saturday always better for me 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    No preference for the day
    either day is equally good for me
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    Going to go with Get The Funk Out - Extreme, and Hot For Teacher - Van Halen (though appreciate the drums on the latter are difficult). Will take a look at the spreadsheet and try to update if needed.
  • Brocco said:
    @nickp - many thanks Nick.  Last time I think we booked from 10am until 6pm and ran from 11am until 5pm to allow for travel, set up, strip down, etc. 

I wasn’t planning on bringing my own acoustic kit as a) as my bro says it’s in Reading and b) hasn’t been played in anger for the best part of 25 years so the heads will be well past it! I have my own cymbals though with me in Bristol so am happy to bring those provided there’s a basis of a kit at the studio. 
  • Going to go with Get The Funk Out - Extreme, and Hot For Teacher - Van Halen (though appreciate the drums on the latter are difficult). Will take a look at the spreadsheet and try to update if needed.
    I’ll play the drums on Eruption instead!
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Brocco said:

I wasn’t planning on bringing my own acoustic kit as a) as my bro says it’s in Reading and b) hasn’t been played in anger for the best part of 25 years so the heads will be well past it! I have my own cymbals though with me in Bristol so am happy to bring those provided there’s a basis of a kit at the studio. 
    99% sure factory have shells
This discussion has been closed.