SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Now traded: Gibson ES-275 Baroque Gold

What's Hot

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    You are correct. I was in some pretty hot water at the time, and I can understand your annoyance. So I hold my hands up. I would love the chance to put things right between us, but if you feel that’s too big an ask then I respect that and wish you well.  
    Thanks. But no longer looking for trades - just a sale.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2021
    Tele back up. Gretsch, Gibson and pedals added.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    edited June 2021
    To add to this, I played all three of these just yesterday, so I hope that @Hattigol doesn't mind me chirping up.

My favourite is his lovely dog, but that goes without saying.   3

The Tele? It's as good as it looks, and it looks fabulous. Great neck on it as well - just a lovely guitar. It was on hold for me, as it happens, but in the interim, a couple of guitars with trems landed my way, so I didn't need the Bigsby and walked off with another Tele. Otherwise, that would be  one that would have come back with me.

The Gretsch is one that I was very interested in when @Caffeine_Vampire sold it, as he will no doubt testify(!) and I was very interested to see it yesterday. I've had lots of ProLine Gretsches and with very few exceptions, the necks have jarred with me for some reason. Not this one, it felt rolled and worn in, much like myself. Time was a little tight, and so was money, so I came away without it, but am still interested in it. A really easy player, with a comfortable body size and scale length. We shall talk more.

Slight story behind the ES_275 - @Hattigol showed me pics of this when he was buying it, and I flew into a fit of jealousy, searched for one online, found one the same day, which involved a 360 mile round trip on a Bank Holiday and bought one. So it's his fault that I've got no money to buy this one, because I would have. This one's the thinline version - I'd not seen one before and when they were announced, I was a bit dubious as the 'normal' version isn't much deeper than a 335 really. However, the difference is subtle, and the thinline depth suits it very much, I thought. It's beautifully set up, with a great action (as have the other two) and the neck is fabulous - it feels 'vintage' and played in, sort of how you'd expect a Fender CS neck to feel, I thought. A lovely guitar, and it looks stunning. Another one that I'd have come away with if @Hattigol hadn't made me buy one in the first place.

The enabler.  pensive 

Honestly though, all of them are guitars that I'd have really liked to spirit away with me and if it wasn't for the presence of that ferocious guard dog who was clearly lulling me into a false sense of security by rolling over for a tummy tickle, well, who knows?

Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2694
    I was going to tag you @DB1 due to the 275 but it now seems a moot point :)
    edited June 2021
    Cheers @ DB1 - always a pleasure to meet someone with even more bonkers GAS levels than me! 

Regards, The Enabler
    Walrus EB-10 added.
    I've had two PMs asking if I will post the guitars. I'm happy to box them up securely at my end but the buyer would need to organise the courier and accept any risks arising from damage in transit.

If you're ok with that, then yes. Alternatively, I don't mind driving an hour or so from Harrogate to meet.
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1591
    Good lord that tele!!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bilt Zaftig added.
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 448
    Cor that tele!

Do you have pics of the pedals? (I may be blind and missed them...)
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    @MrSwanson I haven't taken any pics of the pedals yet - will try and do so tonight. They are all pretty much as new though.
    Bilt price dropped.

And apologies @MrSwanson - forgot the pedal pics last night. Will do them this evening.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 448
    Don't fret, which colour is the Spaceman?
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    MrSwanson said:
    It's the black one. In fact, I bought it off CFH on here and his thread with pictures in is below - hope that helps:

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/204470/fs-ft-jam-delay-llama-xtreme-and-doubledreamer-overdriv-red-panda-context-v2-spaceman-sputnik-iii#latest
  • CFHCFH Frets: 456
    Hattigol said:
    MrSwanson said:
    It's the black one. In fact, I bought it off CFH on here and his thread with pictures in is below - hope that helps:

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/204470/fs-ft-jam-delay-llama-xtreme-and-doubledreamer-overdriv-red-panda-context-v2-spaceman-sputnik-iii#latest
    The Polaris is a phenomenal overdrive. Really miss it and wish I didn't have that part of my board already covered! 
    CFH said:
    Hattigol said:
    MrSwanson said:

The Polaris is a phenomenal overdrive. Really miss it and wish I didn't have that part of my board already covered! 
    Cheers Casper. It is indeed a cracker. You should try a Spaceman Mercury at some stage - the best always-on pedal out there IMHO...
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 696
    Bilt sure is a looker! If only it was a trem....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Boss DD200 now added.

Pedals have all been reduced by £10.

Just had a £3 selling offer from Ebay so all will be listed this weekend. 
    Pedal pictures now added and all on Ebay.
    Spaceman, Walrus and Hungry Robot all sold.