SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

On hold 1965 Gibson ES120T - £1650

What's Hot
DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7474
edited June 2021 in Guitars £

Fantastic condition with all the age checking you'd expect but no scary dings or breaks - the binding in particular is in superb condition and has aged to a lovely custard colour. The action and playability is incredible, it rings our superbly acoustically and sounds full and big when amplified (nice and honky with a touch of gain too). Volume and tone work well with a good range, a tiny bit scratchy but nothing that will prompt you to get it sorted.  Talking of tone - the guitar is all original but there are two tone knobs - one for volume, one for tone.  I don't know whether this was a mistake at the factory as they are perfectly matched age wise or whether someone long ago replaced a broken one... who knows

Apparently the case disentegrated many years ago but it was shipped over from the states in a 'Reunion Blues' heavily padded gig bag so it comes in that.  I reckon I may be able to double box it if you need it shipped but I'd much rather drive out an hour or so to hand it over to be honest.

I probably dont need to explain why I'm selling - I'm an idiot who can't keep hold of stuff for long and am on a permanent quest to try as much gear as possible . I'm currently obsessed with 70s fenders so if you have one that doesn't weigh a tonne I may be interested in a p/x !

Cheers all
1reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• St_HubbinsSt_Hubbins Frets: 189
    Wow, that is a stunner. GLWTS Con!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7474
    Cheers Nick  - you dont have a nice 72 Thinline floating around do you ;-)

• St_HubbinsSt_Hubbins Frets: 189
    No. And I still curse myself to this day for letting "our" one go :(
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9856
    WOW.
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Marvellous!
    Call me Dave.
    Thanks for the comments guys but surely you should be watching the football !
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited June 2021
    These are lovely guitars, and that looks like a good one. GLWTS.

MikeS said:
    These are lovely guitars, and that looks like a good one. GLWTS.
    I can totally understand why you’d rather not watch the football Mike :-)
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6079
    Oh FFS  <3
  • GJK1959GJK1959 Frets: 55
    I have the same year model, bought from @MikeS. They are as sweet as a nut, an absolutely fabulous instrument. 

previously 'retsacotarts' on music radar forum
    Thanks @GJK1959 ;

On hold while I try and sort out logistics with someone on here :-)
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5189
    What a beauty Con! Not surprised it’s on hold already, lucky buyer. 
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12745
    That's not really cricket, you are selling them so fast I'm not getting time to pace up and down fretting about what I can sell to buy stuff or how I can bamboozle missus munckee into thinking it was something I already had like she does to me with clothes....  =)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    munckee said:
    That's not really cricket, you are selling them so fast I'm not getting time to pace up and down fretting about what I can sell to buy stuff or how I can bamboozle missus munckee into thinking it was something I already had like she does to me with clothes....  =)
    I'm getting on a bit @munckee , theres only so many years left to try every guitar and amp ever made - I need to work fast ! :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6256
    edited June 2021
    Gosh, that's a beauty. I've been on the lookout for one for a while; the few I've seen recently have had one or another issue but this one looks perfect. Imo, these 50's/60's hollow body Gibsons are some of the best vintage guitars to be had without paying a fortune.

ps. Very nice pics btw (but then you get a lot of practice!). :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    JezWynd said:
    Gosh, that's a beauty. I've been on the lookout for one for a while; the few I've seen recently have had one or another issue but this one looks perfect. Imo, these 50's/60's hollow body Gibsons are some of the best vintage guitars to be had without paying a fortune.
    Yes tbf Jez, other than the tone controls I cant see a thing wrong with it other than the usual checking. A nice chap on here is planning to buy it but if it falls through I'll PM you in case you are still on the lookout :-)
  • jiiimjiiim Frets: 30
    Bloody hell you gotta be quick 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6256
    JezWynd said:
    Yes tbf Jez, other than the tone controls I cant see a thing wrong with it other than the usual checking. A nice chap on here is planning to buy it but if it falls through I'll PM you in case you are still on the lookout :-)
    Cheers Con, I’d be interested, though I’m not in Devon now so it would involve shipping.
    I think it’s all going through Jez but you know how the universe works . The new buyer is no doubt reading this so you’ll get the tip off if it doesn’t suit him I’m sure. It’s a really tidy guitar that plays very well so if it does come up jump on it !