SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD : Cort Earth 70 NT acoustic. £95 now £87 now £80 delivered

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Switch625Switch625 Frets: 581
    Wow. That's bad. Hope you guys reach a resolution. Such a shame.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • m0rtm0rt Frets: 21
    Switch625 said:
    Wow. That's bad. Hope you guys reach a resolution. Such a shame.
    Oh it is resolved from our respective points of view! I need to stress that me and Prudd are good. :) Just a cautionary tale of using some delivery companies. 
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1576
    Ouch that’s not nice to look at! I’ve seen some of the online videos of Hermes drivers throwing packages onto their vans like they’re taking their bad day out specifically on then. 
    Shocking company. Unforgivable really and no excuse at all but be thankful for small mercies I suppose. It could have been a much more expensive guitar. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pruddprudd Frets: 654
    Just received an email regarding my claim on this with Hermes, and guess what, I have no claim. I was promptly directed to their small print where it states musical instruments are not covered. Which is all well and good, but when I clearly stated in the goods description exactly what I was sending they offered me a top up from the normal £20 compensation to cover the value of the guitar, which I accepted.

So they are happy to sell you compensation cover for items they have no intention of compensating :s

Thank fuck it wasn't my Mcilroy I was sending :).........not that I would ever think about doing that in the 1st place!

LESSON LEARNT

• SputnikSputnik Frets: 51
    I had exactly this situation with Interparcel who couriered some ceramics for me and smashed them to bits in the process.  My claim was similarly met with a "no cover for ceramics" small print reference, but they did refund me the entire cost of their services and a goodwill gesture of £15, so more than worth the pleading phone call.

Paul - If you do decide to sell the A66, I'll come and collect it and deliver it on your behalf.  Just make sure it stays within the Home Counties ... please! 
  • m0rtm0rt Frets: 21
    You have a case here. 

Make it public, Twitter or suchlike but do not take no for an answer. They shouldn’t have indicated the top up encouraging you to continue. 

Took me 3 months last time, I just kept refusing to go away and responding to them continually. 

At the very very least they should reimburse you the delivery.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4131
    This is so sad , such a lovely guitar  it’s such a bloody shame , carriers like this ruin it for people 
      They only have one job to do ,deliver your parcel safely, it’s inexcusable . I’ve had a few acoustics sent by and delivered to me in the past and never experienced this , Hermes are notorious ,I’ve seen that video , they really need taking to task  but how, social media I guess is the most powerful tool we have