SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 42nd Street Broadway 6 Tele (850!)

What's Hot
CFHCFH Frets: 463
edited June 2021 in Guitars £
A very reluctant sale of my newly acquired 42nd Street Broadway 6 telecaster fuelled by my incorrigible fondness of Jazzmasters...

This is an absolute belter of a telecaster. I don't have any scales, but it is very light and easily the most responant electric guitar I have ever owned. You can quite literally feel it vibrate, wonderful stuff. The pickups are fantastic and the neck feels great (yes, even with the vintage radius which I haven't found myself choking out on!). What's not to like?

Build quality and setup is excellent as you would expect from one of Angela's full builds. 

I'm looking to get back what I paid which was a bargain price of £850. I don't really want to post this but I am happy to meet up within an hour and a half or so of Leeds if that helps. 

Here's some detail:

Finish

Nitrocellulose paintwork, hand buffed, Lake Placid Blue over Inca Silver

Neck

Maple neck.
Neck thickness .85 at first fret, .94 at twelfth fret

Rosewood fretboard with clay dots, 7.25″ radius, 25.5″ scale with 21 vintage frets 6230 nickel silver fretwire (frets dressed)

1 5/8″ nut width, heel width 2 3/16″ single action truss rod, vintage correct adjuster at heel

Hand cut bone nut

Aged nickel Gotoh tuners, butterfly string guide

Body

Premium western red Alder, 1 3/4″ body thickness

Distressed nickel hardware, bridge with threaded saddles, thru body ferules, neckplate and screws, control plate, flat top barrel knobs, strap buttons, pickguard screws

3 ply aged mint green pickguard

Electrics

UK made Bare Knuckle Blackguard series '55 stagger with worn covers and coils, wound with 43 AWG enamel wire. Alnico V magnets. Bridge DC 6.8k, neck 7k

CTS pots, Sprague orange drop capacitor, Switchcraft Jack, CRL switch, cloth wire.

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That's a beauty. A bargain too! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    I remember admiring this when it was for sale last time. I hope it's not breaking any confidences when I say that this was discussed as a possible trade for my Jazzmaster. As luck would have it, I had just acquired a CS Tele in Lake Placid Blue, or I would have been very interested in this indeed.

I'm intrigued by these as they have a great reputation for build, and I think this one is beautiful. It seems a great price, too.
    Call me Dave.
  • dombennisondombennison Frets: 128
    Absolutely stunning! When my Strandberg goes tomorrow, I may well give you a call about this!
  • Absolutely stunning! When my Strandberg goes tomorrow, I may well give you a call about this!
    Do it and then I'll buy it off you later!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Absolutely stunning! When my Strandberg goes tomorrow, I may well give you a call about this!
    Do it and then I'll buy it off you later!
    I’m on it!
  • CFHCFH Frets: 463
    Really sorry but this has just sold! 
    CFH said:
    Really sorry but this has just sold! 
    Darn! Just too slow!