Gibson CJ-165 -(not EC) Maple, Sale of.

What's Hot
FatBobFatBob Frets: 15
I have a Sitka Spruce top, Flamed/quilted Maple back and sides CJ-165 which is going to be sold soon.

Serial: 01 058 022 (spacing mine).

This makes it Boseman, MT, USA. Manufacture Date:, 27th February 2001 and was Prod. number 22 that day.

I play, but this is going and yes, I know it's a fantastic guitar. beautiful tones in a none jumbo.  It has a couple of faint marks on the heel end of the neck and a small lacquer scratch on the front of the headstock. Otherwise it is perfect. It has the Gibson Acoustic hard case - original one. Under saddle pickup. Grover T's MoPearl etc.

The only thing I notice is different to others I have seen is that the Abalone inset bridge pins have been removed at some point (unless Gibson stopped using them before 2001).  I can't seem to attach photographs (I have taken 15 but the page dialogue box refers to URL, not file location) Help with that would be appreciated.

Hard to come up with a 2021 sale price as they don't come up very often at all. I would be grateful for some advice on that.

I advertised my Yam. Pacifica 812v TLB on here a while ago.  I sold that off site. Previous posting about an inherited FG-365S too, which I didn't sell in the end.
Peace is the absence of desire. Discuss...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    These are beautiful guitars - I had one which I regret selling now. Mine was a 2008 with a pickguard (they don't all have) and sold for £1100.

You need to put this in the Classifieds though :). (Click edit in the top right corner of the post and select the new location.) You will need to host the images online (eg imgur.com) and use the link URLs to post them here, you can't link your files directly.

In fact... are you sure it's a 2001? I thought that serial number means a 2008 guitar (0xxx8xxx) made on the 105th day of the year (x105xxxx). Mine didn't have abalone-dot pins either...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• FatBobFatBob Frets: 15
    Thanks ICBM.
    Gibson have the serial number as YR/DDD/RRR (Year, Day of Year, Batch No) 8 Digit Type From Boseman Plant.

This has a pickguard. I will get the pics on IMGUR later today. I am finishing my first novel and have a deadline for the 3rd July - for my book to be published so I'm pushed for time. 
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    I’d be keen to see photos. Also of that FG while the camera is out 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Andy79 said:
    I’d be keen to see photos. Also of that FG while the camera is out 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Nice Peavey :).

I can at least breathe again now... that's not my old CJ - mine had the larger pickguard, which I prefer.

Very pretty guitar anyway though :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• SRichSRich Frets: 762
    edited July 2021
    @FatBob Good luck with that one.........quite a looker and I love parallelograms on a Gibson neck.

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have"