Cover challenge #14 voting thread…

What's Hot
poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
This is the vote for the 14th fretboard cover challenge. 

”All day and all of the night” - Kinks 
or
any other song beginning with “A”

The entries can be heard in the playlist below:

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/sets/cover-challenge-14-all-day-and

All that is required is to pick your top three and post them in the thread below.

Points are awarded as follows - 5 points for first place, 3 points for second place and 1 point for third place.

however @poopot ;and @stratman3142 each have a bonus 5pts for picking the original song choice by the previous winner

Entrants obviously aren't allowed to vote for themselves. Voting closes at 11.30pm on  Friday 9th July…

The winner will have 48hours to send me their song choice for the next challenge… any song you like as long as it begins with the letter “B”.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    You lot have made this hard this month… excellent tracks all round.

my votes…

5pts to @Bezzer - dude, this is possibly one of the best entries we’ve ever had IMO… brilliant…

3pts to @IMC1980 - stunning vocals fella, really nice interpretation, genuinely brought a tear to my eye when I got all emotional last week!…

1pt to @Dainty - Molly on fine form and sublime guitarisms…

@stratman3142 absolutely loved your track, the guitar tone was gorgeous and the slide playing cracking… I blame bezzer and his late entry for bumping you off :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6914
    tFB Trader
    5pts from me go to @Bezzer what a belting rendition of this tune!

3pts to @Dainty ;

1pt to @stratman3142 ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 141
    edited July 2021
    I will go with;

5 points @poopot - loved this take on the song, moody and powerful, great guitar parts and vocals as well!

3 points @stratman3142 - perfect instrumental, I always love hearing slide guitar done well because I am not very good at it. Epic solo section as well.

1 points @Bezzer - I think may have heard this song before, but had to go and listen to the original and check. Still not sure if I have but I liked your heavy take on it! Also, awesome video; if anyone hasn't seen it yet, check it out: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/209628/a-little-video#latest
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 941
    edited July 2021
    5 pts - @poopot ;;;;;; Damn man, straight from the top drawer - a perfect tempo for this song. 
    3 pts - @Bezzer Another cracker - an amazing cover of one of my favourite tunes. 
    1 pt @Dainty ;;Could be any of the others, but I chose this as I'm a hendrix fiend! Interesting take on a classic! 
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 581
    A strong round this one! All fantastic in their own way, and so varied!

5 points - @poopot ... this was a no brainer for me; it sounds amazing, brilliant vocals, really evocative guitar. Whole vibe took me back to the early ninties Alt Rock / Neo Psych I was drinking in at the time.  Just ace.

3 points - @IMC1980 ... again, this just did something to me. I think I'm a bit emotional lately so it's not difficult to hit certain triggers, but didn't "hit it" you smashed it with a f***ing lump hammer!  I can't critique it, I just love it. 

1 point - @Dainty ... this is a sound one, that lead guitar sound just enveloped my ears and whispered really dirty things in them. It's got the vibe of Santana does Hendrix and the vocals are so good.

@stratman3142 it was so close, you're track was absolutely cracking as well. I think I'm just atuned more to vocal tracks today and it's as simple as that.  The slide playing was fab.

Oh and @IMC1980, thank you for the video plug!
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4027
    edited July 2021
    I've only heard Are Friends Electric @Bezzer cos for some reason SoundCloud won't play but I heard this on YT.
    Anyway easily 5 points from me if I have 5 points to give, not sure how the rules work.

EDIT
    dainty 3
    stratman 1
    Grunfeld said:
    I've only heard Are Friends Electric @Bezzer cos for some reason SoundCloud won't play but I heard this on YT.
    Anyway easily 5 points from me if I have 5 points to give, not sure how the rules work.

Anyone can vote… try and get soundcloud working so you can give 2nd and 3rd place as well tho’
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    5 points : @poopot : Dark bluesy alternative take on the original. Like the overall mood.

3 points : @IMC1980 : Great powerful vocals. Good acoustic track.

1 point @Bezzer : Fantastic cover

It's not a competition.
  • markvmarkv Frets: 459
    5 points @Bezzer - really enjoyable re-think of a synth-pop classic. And a video too!
    3 points @poopot - reminded me of Richard Hawley's "Standing at the Sky's Edge", which is a Good Thing.
    1 point @stratman3142 - tightly arranged and played, very slick.
  • At time of typing, haven't currently got the time to listen to all of the tracks, but I bloody love Bezzer's Are Friends Electric? cover.

If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    At time of typing, haven't currently got the time to listen to all of the tracks, but I bloody love Bezzer's Are Friends Electric? cover.

Got till Friday to have a listen and vote ;)
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 248
    5pts : @IMC1980 - definite hints of Jon Bon Jovi !
    3pts : @Bezzer - terrific version - the only picture disc I have ever owned
    1pts : @dainty - very nice indeed
    Last day to get your votes in peeps.
  • Now that I've given myself a chance to listen to the others, too, here are my votes -
    5pts - Bezzer
    3pts - Poopot
    1pt - Dainty
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    5 pts Bezzer
     3 pts Poopot
     1 pt Stratman3142

some great versions there @Bezzers reimagined Synthpop classic is one  of the best things I’ve heard in these challenges, absolutely loved the vocals ! 
    Voting closed!…