Zither Banjos Players - Are there any still out there ?

Is there still a demand for Zither banjos , I have been offered a small collection of 15 instruments from makers like Cammeyer and Tennant but also including some unbranded ones from the turn of the last century. 

I use to do well selling them but most use to go to Europe ( disappeared since brexit ) but it seems that generation of players have either died off or are themselves selling their collections .

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2393
    I was given one by my Dad many years ago. It needed some work and the repairer I took it to said it was basically unrepairable, or at least uneconomic to repair. I can't remember what the issue was but he said it was a common one with zither banjos and happened to them all sooner or later.
  • moremore Frets: 230
    edited July 2021
    If you look at Clifford Essex shop on eBay , strings for Zither Banjos , thay have a steady but low volume of sales. The instruments on eBay have a similar sales record . If you can buy them cheep and the condition is good , I would say you would. sell them, eventually . 
  • Thanks, off to collect them this week and hopefully they don't have any major issues.