https://youtu.be/4ffMfCPwlw4
I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RickLucasRickLucas Frets: 401
    Nice.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Is that the interview where Townsend complained that when he famously impaled himself doing a windmill he was playing a Clapton signature strat, and EC told him it wasn’t his fault because he always took them off?
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
    Is that the interview where Townsend complained that when he famously impaled himself doing a windmill he was playing a Clapton signature strat, and EC told him it wasn’t his fault because he always took them off?
    There were at least two joint interviews, the Lawley one and a Parkinson one and that was in one of them. I remember them as the first time I had any awareness of Clapton really, I knew more about Townsend and was surprised that he was playing second fiddle to someone. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5141
    edited July 2021
    I remember the TV Interview with them both playing acoustic guitars…Clapton playing some sublime stuff on a flashy Martin…and Townsend almost unable to move his fingers from an E chord…(well almost)

This one with Sue Lawley 

https://youtu.be/E4YMeZF1l58
  • Is that the interview where Townsend complained that when he famously impaled himself doing a windmill he was playing a Clapton signature strat, and EC told him it wasn’t his fault because he always took them off?
    There were at least two joint interviews, the Lawley one and a Parkinson one and that was in one of them. I remember them as the first time I had any awareness of Clapton really, I knew more about Townsend and was surprised that he was playing second fiddle to someone. 
    Now you’ve jogged my memory, I think it was the Parkinson one. How can I remember all this tosh from decades ago but not anything useful?
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
    Is that the interview where Townsend complained that when he famously impaled himself doing a windmill he was playing a Clapton signature strat, and EC told him it wasn’t his fault because he always took them off?
    Now you’ve jogged my memory, I think it was the Parkinson one. How can I remember all this tosh from decades ago but not anything useful?
    Watching that clip it was like yesterday, except I have more problems remembering what I did yesterday. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom