Awesome! I'd love one of those. 
    Link to my trading feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5378
    Love it. What’s the neck like?
  • riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    edited July 2021
    I'm so close to buying one of these. I love maple to look at, but I struggle with the feel of a maple board. But I'd love to try a roadworn and this also appears to be the only one with jumbo frets. I'm guessing roadworns don't have the sticky, draggy feel (to me, at least) of something like an American Original 50s? At least that's my hope.  The neck is meant to be thicker them a typical Fender C, would you confirm that from yours?
    I've been waiting for coda to get it into stock, I reckon you must have ordered it before they had chance to even put it up online.....

Does anyone think the middle position would be the same kind of sound as the S1 switch thing on a Baja?

Congrats on the NGD!
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1020
    @rivercider @whitecat So yeah, there's no drag on the neck at all. All the nitro is rubbed back so just feels old and worn in. 

As for shape, yea it's bigger than the usual modern c Fender use but not huge or anything. I didn't even really notice tbh. Maybe bigger on the shoulders is the biggest difference. Smaller than a Baja neck, at least the neck my Baja had. @GavRichList played one yesterday and said it was quite big though so dunno if there's variation or im just used to bigger necks now so didn't really notice. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26744
    That's all kinds of amazing. I do not need another Tele but between this and the Isbell one I'm getting pangs anyway...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7142
    @rivercider @whitecat So yeah, there's no drag on the neck at all. All the nitro is rubbed back so just feels old and worn in. 

As for shape, yea it's bigger than the usual modern c Fender use but not huge or anything. I didn't even really notice tbh. Maybe bigger on the shoulders is the biggest difference. Smaller than a Baja neck, at least the neck my Baja had. @GavRichList played one yesterday and said it was quite big though so dunno if there's variation or im just used to bigger necks now so didn't really notice. 
    Aye, I went and had a look at the one in guitar guitar in Camden, and I’d say it felt quite a wide neck, particularly up at the body end. Definitely felt like a C type profile though, in terms of shape. Quite different to my Broadcaster. The roadworn neck feels great though - no hint of drag. 
  • riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    @punchesjudy @GavRichList , thanks for the info. Just holding out as long as I can but can sees myself getting one.  I won't use GG though, so will wait for now until there are a few more around to choose from.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12641
    So are the out of phase pickups a signature thing or an error?
    in my experience, it’s not a very useful sound on a Tele…
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• That's excellent

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14320
    edited July 2021
    impmann said:
    So are the out of phase pickups a signature thing or an error?
    in my experience, it’s not a very useful sound on a Tele…
    You need to add a capacitor in the circuit. This acts as a filter, making the pickup relationship "half out of phase" and, consequently, much more closely resembling the Stratocaster "in between" sound.

See schematic diagrams for the Bill Lawrence HOOP circuit, the Freeway 3B3 selector switch or the Schaller Megaswitch M (SS3).
    Be seeing you.
  • VinylfanVinylfan Frets: 33
    That looks awesome. Happy NGD!
    Got me searching for metallic finishes now. 
    @impmann It's a signature thing. I'll defo be changing it to normal. 
  • Id like one of these and I’d probably look to fit an anodised gold guard on it which I reckon would look better imo
  • Teles have never been my thing but that looks like a Tele that could convert me. Love J Mascis.... the sparkly tele on the live Not Nirvana version of Get Me, a seminal moment for me! 
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
    Really cool guitar but would prefer it with a gold pickguard, I think. 
    Loobs said:
    Really cool guitar but would prefer it with a gold pickguard, I think. 
    That could be a good option to explore actually. I do like the idea of blinding someone with the mirror though. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CleckoClecko Frets: 295
    Teles have never been my thing but that looks like a Tele that could convert me. Love J Mascis.... the sparkly tele on the live Not Nirvana version of Get Me, a seminal moment for me! 
    And for me! I went to the Guildford Beer Festival on Saturday, sampled a lot of the beers, then promptly stumbled over the road to buy one from Anderton's. Sadly they were out of stock, so I had to sit in a pub and order one from Thomann. Waiting impatiently for it to be delivered now. 

As an aside, the Anderton's experience was really sad. Just standing at the front and someone going into the shop to bring things out to look at, so no browsing at all.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7142
    Clecko said:
    Teles have never been my thing but that looks like a Tele that could convert me. Love J Mascis.... the sparkly tele on the live Not Nirvana version of Get Me, a seminal moment for me! 
    And for me! I went to the Guildford Beer Festival on Saturday, sampled a lot of the beers, then promptly stumbled over the road to buy one from Anderton's. Sadly they were out of stock, so I had to sit in a pub and order one from Thomann. Waiting impatiently for it to be delivered now. 

As an aside, the Anderton's experience was really sad. Just standing at the front and someone going into the shop to bring things out to look at, so no browsing at all.
    I browsed in Guitar Guitar on friday, but you werent allowed to touch anything at all without a formal "I want to try this guitar" type process... which I couldnt be bothered with to be honest. Understandable I guess, but a shame. 
  • CleckoClecko Frets: 295
    GavRichList said:

I browsed in Guitar Guitar on friday, but you werent allowed to touch anything at all without a formal "I want to try this guitar" type process... which I couldnt be bothered with to be honest. Understandable I guess, but a shame. 
    There's an area at the front of Anderton's set aside fo demoing gear. It's really quite 'on show' - almost like a small stage. And I shit you not: there was a guy sat there playing Stairway to Heaven when I went in!
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296
    That is lovely!