I’m using:

NVA P90SA MK2 passive Pre amp
    NVA M300 mono block power amps
    Home built Rega based TT
    Audio Origami Tone arm
    Schiit Mani TT Pre amp
    Nagoaka MP500 cartridge
    Denon 3910 SACD player into Topping D90 MQA DAC
    Bluesound Node2i with upgrade power board and upgrade Sbooster BOTW MK2 power supply
    Varioos Tannoy Monitors
    Rel Subwoofers 
    NVA SSP interconnects
    NVA LS5 speaker cables. 

Primary source is vinyl, then streaming.  Occasionally pop a CD on. 

Sounds rather lovely!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1910
    edited July 2021
    My System. 
    Rega Planar 3 Turntable c/w RB300 and Rega cartridge
    Naim NAC202
    Naim NAP200DR
    Naim NDX Streamer
    Naim UnitiServe2 Ripper
    Naim NAPSC Power Supply
    Naim HiCAP DR
    Naim NAHA Headline
    Arcam CD82 CD Player
    Arcam FMJ T21 FM Tuner
    Acoustic Engineering SCM11 Loudspeakers
    Grado 325 Headphones

I also have a full Linn System which is up for grabs Pre-amp, Monoblocks, CD, DAC, Tuner and Speakers. I also have some B&W Speakers up for sale. All mint. I look after my stuff. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• Living room:

Linn Majik DS-I streamer / amp
    B&W CM-1 speakers

The system is connected to a network drive with all my CDs ripped to FLAC and also streaming from Tidal. All the network gubbins (modem / router / hard drive etc.) is in the basement and the Linn plugs into an ethernet port in the lounge.

I bought this system 10 years ago and have used it practically every day since. At the time it felt like an eye watering sum of money to drop on hifi equipment but has proved its worth many times over.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    edited July 2021
    My main listening environment is the studio:

Kii Three and ATC SCM45a Monitors
    Audio-Technica - AT-LP140XP
    Avid MTRX Audio interface/router
    Allen and Heath preamp
    Computer with Spotify, Tidal etc
    Grace M905 monitor controller

I have Trinnov MC-8 Pro room correction incoming this week too.

I have two home cinema systems as well which are based around Denon amps with B&W monitors.
    They are functional rather than audiophile.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Living room:

Linn Majik DS-I streamer / amp
    B&W CM-1 speakers

The system is connected to a network drive with all my CDs ripped to FLAC and also streaming from Tidal. All the network gubbins (modem / router / hard drive etc.) is in the basement and the Linn plugs into an ethernet port in the lounge.

I bought this system 10 years ago and have used it practically every day since. At the time it felt like an eye watering sum of money to drop on hifi equipment but has proved its worth many times over.

Forgot to mention. I have a Majik DS 1 steamer too. I use Spotify Premium and Tidal HiFi services to stream. 

Ian

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Devil#20 said:
    My System. 
    Naim NAC202
    Naim NAP200DR
    Naim NDX Streamer
    Naim UnitiServe2 Ripper
    Naim NAPSC Power Supply
    Naim HiCAP DR
    Naim NAHA Headline
    Arcam CD82 CD Player
    Arcam FMJ T21 FM Tuner
    Grado 325 Headphones

I also have a full Linn System which is up for grabs Pre-amp, Monoblocks, CD, DAC, Tuner and Speakers. I also have some B&W Speakers up for sale. All mint. I look after my stuff. 
    What are the B&W speakers? 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    edited July 2021
    My system Pro-Ject Acrylic with Ortofon Black Pro-Ject Ultra Phono Stage ELV-RV-100 Valve Preamp Tube Technologies Valve Power Amp, 8x EL84's baking away and a pair of Linn Isobarik DMS speakers. Marants CD Player and Logitch Bluetooth adaptor to stream from my Mac. Also in the middle of rebuilding an old AR Legend turntable, new plinth, PSU motor etc, more of a traditional turntable, I consider the Rabbit Hole well and truly entered

https://i.imgur.com/HJUiyHs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/F3u21op.jpg

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    I’ve never had a pair of Linn Isobariks, though I do have some Kans Mk 1 sitting on a shelf unused.
    I was also, coincidentally chatting with someone in a hi-FI shop today about maybe getting a Naim NDX, but the “2” is £5k. 
    My current main system is a Naim CDS2 + XPs + Hi-Line, Naim 82 + Supercap, Naim 250, Linn Kabers. 
    In my office I drive a Naim Mu-So QT from a PC with iTunes. 
    My Linn LP12 is somewhere in the loft, I’ve got  Naim 12S in a cupboard, a Nait 2 on a bookshelf, and a CD3.5 & Nait 3 sat in my office after I replaced them with the Mu-So. 
    Older Linn stuff fetches silly prices still, the LP12 especially

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    WYNIR0 said:
    Everything you could possibly want or need:

Pah, that stuff is fine if you HATE music and despise fidelity.

This is where you go if you love hi-fi.

For ages I thought that was a spoof website and it provided a good many laughs. It has only just dawned on me that the guy appears to be deadly serious and that he seems to have convinced people that sellotaping a bag of brightly coloured pebbles to their interconnect cables makes an audible improvement. A genuine WTF moment. I don't even know where to begin!
    Start a business doing the same thing?

As PT Barnum didn't say "there's a sucker born every minute..."
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    Fuengi said:
    Devil#20 said:
    My System. 
    Naim NAC202
    Naim NAP200DR
    Naim NDX Streamer
    Naim UnitiServe2 Ripper
    Naim NAPSC Power Supply
    Naim HiCAP DR
    Naim NAHA Headline
    Arcam CD82 CD Player
    Arcam FMJ T21 FM Tuner
    Grado 325 Headphones

What are the B&W speakers? 
    I have two pairs of speakers I'd like to sell. A pair of 602 S3's  which could just about be posted and a pair of CDM9NT's which most certainly couldn't be. 

Ian

• SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    During lockdown, I have listened to loads of  SACD ISOs. A common reaction is for me to notice little bits of detail that I have not previously noticed.

But now I am listening to CDs again on my Meridian 506 CD player, which is 25 years old, at least.
    And what is most obvious is that I seem to listen to the whole album.
    I think that would be a great selling point for HI-Fi dealers. "I have noticed that you listened to the whole album without trying to attract my attention. It's a lot of money, but maybe this is the one".

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4671
    Living room

Linn LP12 - pre 1986 and not upgraded since 1997
    Arcam Delta 170 CD transport - c.1987
    Arcam Alpha Black Box - D-A converter -  c.1987
    Naim 62/90 - c.1987
    Epos ES14s - c.1987

Dining room

Denon CEOL N10 - CD/Internet radio/DAB thing
    Gale 7404s

Kitchen

Susie-Q

Bedroom

Susie-Q

What get's used the most?   The Susie-Q in the kitchen and an old i-Pod plugged into my TM Deluxe Reverb up in my room.

On the Susie-Q I've been listening to a couple of American blues stations regularly - Caldonia Crossroads FM and Aardvarck Blues - and an Americana station - Americana Boogie Radio.  If a station exists on the internet, this radio will find it.

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    rlw said:
    Living room

Linn LP12 - pre 1986 and not upgraded since 1997
    Arcam Delta 170 CD transport - c.1987
    Arcam Alpha Black Box - D-A converter -  c.1987
    Naim 62/90 - c.1987
    Epos ES14s - c.1987

The Black Box is a good piece of kit.
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    Have mostly listening to stuff with a critical ear through my studio setup, very basic, I louds, or HD 650s.
    Nice to be able to just connect through bluetooth to the I louds, and I check stuff on the PA in our rehearsal room.
    Recently wired up my 90's Hi Fi, Pioneer A400 and Wharfdale Diamond 3s, bit of a revelation really.
    These are by no means good components, but they have been with me since I bought them with an insurance payout for getting burgled, and there is no way I can buy anything these days, they all sound pretty spectacular to me still.
    I'm using a Harmon Kardon bluetooth adaptor to stream from my I tunes library, via a Huawai tablet, using Foobar2000, and the speakers are connected with Monster cable, standing on a set of home made granite stands.
    The amp is still being sold on ebay, for about the price I paid, so I think I have got my moneys worth.
    I am hearing stuff I hadn't noticed in my Marilyn Manson trilogy collection, and the early Rival Sons albums sound spectacular.
    My ears aren't worth an upgrade.
    Just bought a Sansui AU-317 amp which I have been listening to all week through my Wharfdale Denton speakers. It's a smooth combination, not a ton of detail for sure, but very pleasant nonetheless. 
    Those Sansui amps are well regarded these days, the rabbit hole is worse with hifi than it is guitars and if you are happy with it then that’s excellent 
    sweepy said:
    Those Sansui amps are well regarded these days, the rabbit hole is worse with hifi than it is guitars and if you are happy with it then that’s excellent 

I would like to try some different speakers, something with a three-way driver. @TheMarlin has very kindly offered to lend me some Rogers to try. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Still using most of the gear I bought in ‘88 ish. 

Linn Basik deck
    Creek 4040 amp
    Linn Index speakers

The original Denon CD player died and got replaced by a Cambridge Audio one, which also died. Since been using a Yamaha one that I bought from @strumjoughlamps. ;

Got a Denon FM tuner and tape deck stowed away somewhere but they don’t get used anymore. 

I use this system if I want to sit down and actually listen to music. 90% of the time music is just on in the background so it’s my iphone going through whatever Bluetooth device  is in the room I’m in. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 971
    duotone said:
    Most of my listening at home is playing Spotify through my Ipad with B&W P5 headphones. I would really like to be able to stream Spotify through my hifi, (Marantz cd5400 cd player/Marantz Pm7200 amplifier/ B&W 602s3 speakers) but am not really sure how to go about it, what extra equipment I would need to buy etc. Anyone here stream Spotify through their hifi with good results? I bookmarked this hifi myth exposure a month ago, what do you make of it Rocker? http://ethanwiner.com/audiophoolery.html
    Wow this thread is a blast from the past! Was this from MusicRadar days?

Am happy to report I still am using exactly the same gear
    If I don’t have the CD of what I want to listen to then I usually just have my iPad connected to the Marantz PM7200 amplifier via a “3.5mm Jack to 2x RCA Cable” which works great, & play everything through through Spotify.