SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Magnatone Super Fifty-Nine Mk II Price Drop

What's Hot
HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
edited July 2021 in Amps £
New incoming means outgoing for these two amps.

First up, a fabulous Magnatone Super Fifty-Nine Mk II.

Full images link here:

https://imgur.com/gallery/1mp28Yj

Full details from Magnatone here with a demo at the bottom of the page:

https://www.magnatoneusa.com/super-fifty-nine-mk-ii

Handwired Magnatone brilliance, co-designed by Billy Gibbons. Switchable vibrato or tremolo. The Magnatone logo even lights up when you switch it on.....absurdly cool.

Review of the head version here - describes it much better than I can:

https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/guitars/magnatone-super-59-605075

Great drive tones at sensible volume levels with the master volume. An all-round brilliant amp.

It has a couple of cosmetic battle scars. Firstly, a small ding in the front and secondly an area at the bottom on the back where the tolex has split - and possibly the wood has cracked slightly too, not quite sure. I only noticed this when I was taking photos. It has no effect on playability - the amp is is absolutely perfect working order.

Collection from Harrogate ideally - although I'll drive an hour or so to meet. I do have a box and could post this but it's pretty damn heavy so it'd be around £50. Plus it'd need to be at the buyer's risk. 

£1,450 now £1,300

Next up is a Roland Blues Cube Hot. It's the rather limited edition EL84 modded version. To my untrained ear, a significant improvement on the standard Cube.

Full images link here:

https://imgur.com/gallery/bhpufb9

Full details here:

https://www.roland.com/uk/products/blues_cube_hot_british_el84_modified/

Review here:

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/roland-blues-cube-hot-british-el84-modified

Bought this as a lighter rehearsal option to my Vox. Punchy, loud and a great fun amp. Comes with footswitch pictured. 

£300 SOLD

Any questions, let me know.
"Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HottubesHottubes Frets: 394
    That magnatone looks amazing GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9166
    I’ve got a twilighter and it’s exceptional. Believe the 59 is more Marshall style, but the quality will be amazing
  • ZoonyboyZoonyboy Frets: 161
    If I didn't already have a Panoramic Stereo, I'd have your Super 59 in a flash! GLWTS
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    Zoonyboy said:
    If I didn't already have a Panoramic Stereo, I'd have your Super 59 in a flash! GLWTS
    Make a great dual amp set-up, no?  =)
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Any trades on the Magnatone? Looks nice 
  • BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 410
    What is the clean headroom volume like on the Blues Cube?  Rehearsal level?  Small pub gig level?  I know its a bit subjective, but just curious.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
    Any trades on the Magnatone? Looks nice 
    No thanks, buddy.

What is the clean headroom volume like on the Blues Cube?  Rehearsal level?  Small pub gig level?  I know its a bit subjective, but just curious.
    Obviously, you can set it at different power levels. At the higher levels, there's actually a reasonable amount of headroom. Hard to be specific, obviously. 
    Well the (few) demo's on YT sound pretty good.  Very tempted.
    PM'd
    Magnatone on hold.
    edited July 2021
    Blues Cube sold.
    edited July 2021
    Magnatone back up for sale. In answer to a couple of PMs, I do have a box and could post this but it's pretty damn heavy so it'll be around £50. Plus it'd need to be at the buyer's risk. 
    Bump for a splendid Magnatone.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7069
    I’m skint bit that does look bloody awesome (I’ve just seen a demo and it sounds awesome too)
    I’m skint bit that does look bloody awesome (I’ve just seen a demo and it sounds awesome too)
    It is awesome. And sounds awesome. And now has an awesome price drop. Go ON Doc, you know you want to....
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    Blimey, that's a good price. And it lights up at the front. Oh, and it sounds ace as well.
    Call me Dave.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7069
    Hattigol said:
    It is awesome. And sounds awesome. And now has an awesome price drop. Go ON Doc, you know you want to....
    I’ve hugely overspent as always , I bought two 78/79 Strats last month planning to keep one and sell one and I’ve ended up keeping both ….
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 823
    Lovely!
    Hattigol said:
    I’ve hugely overspent as always , I bought two 78/79 Strats last month planning to keep one and sell one and I’ve ended up keeping both ….
    So you don't want me to tell you how good a Strat sounds through this, no?  <3
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 823
    Lovely!