Tokyo Olympics

What's Hot

Comments

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4131
    Has sky brown won anything ? I’ve not seen anything on YouTube  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4131
    Street skateboarding.  It'd good, but for the best in the world they dont half fall down a lot.
    Street skateboarding.  It'd good, but for the best in the world they dont half fall down a lot.
    Fingers crossed for sky brown, she’s doing amazing for only being 11 and 12 and winning so much , nyjah houston should do good , I saw a Japanese guy do well on YouTube 
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    Has sky brown won anything ? I’ve not seen anything on YouTube  
    Today was mens street style, which seemed to involve them jumping up to rails and falling off a lot.  From what I gather she's in the "park" event on 6th August.  Looking forward to it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 1st medal for Team GB, Bronze for Chelsie Giles in the Judo.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • ewalewal Frets: 2580
    Am I the only person who finds Clare Balding basically unwatchable. I don't think the Olympics through the Beeb's filter is for me.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    ewal said:
    Am I the only person who finds Clare Balding basically unwatchable. I don't think the Olympics through the Beeb's filter is for me.
    She's a national treasure and will be knighted not long after Olivia Coleman

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16290
    Watched chunks of the men’s triathlon. Real cock up false start. 
    I love watching the swimming bit, how close they are - looks like a school of fish. Silver for team GB. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Are we avoiding spoilers here or not.....anyway so pleased!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16290
    Are we avoiding spoilers here or not.....anyway so pleased!
    For the medals or Clare Baldings knighthood? 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12323
    Magic Monday!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    edited July 2021
    I watched the tri last night. Great Silver medal for Yee. Very impressed with Blummenfelt's run for the gold, I was thinking that he looked pretty chunky compared to other athletes but he really blasted the long run out to the line.

Got up a 7am to see the mountainbike cross country race. A superb gold for Tom Pidcock! Considering he had an unfavourable start he did well to get in the front group early on. When it got down to three riders I thought the two Swiss stars would eat him up, but he rode brilliantly. It is quite stunning the intensity that the riders keep up for 1.5 hours. An incredibly tough course as well.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    axisus said:
    I watched the tri last night. Great Silver medal for Lee. Very impressed with Blummenfelt's run for the gold, I was thinking that he looked pretty chunky compared to other athletes but he really blasted the long run out to the line.

Got up a 7am to see the mountainbike cross country race. A superb gold for Tom Pidcock! Considering he had an unfavourable start he did well to get in the front group early on. When it got down to three riders I thought the two Swiss stars would eat him up, but he rode brilliantly. It is quite stunning the intensity that the riders keep up for 1.5 hours. An incredibly tough course as well.
    Didn't get to see this, but can't wait to see the highlights. Disappointed for Nino Schurter as he is local to me and I've seen him riding quite a lot on my local trails. Nice guy! However, ecstatic for Tom Pidcock - top performance in some tough conditions.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14166
    tFB Trader
    axisus said:
    I watched the tri last night. Great Silver medal for Lee. Very impressed with Blummenfelt's run for the gold, I was thinking that he looked pretty chunky compared to other athletes but he really blasted the long run out to the line.

Great to see Pidcock win - seen him do well on the road this year with a couple of wins and credible placings with Ineos - Great to see we have some one who can take on the likes of Van Aert and van Der Poel - Think he won 2/3 stages at the Giro 2/3 years ago - So promising lad to have around 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12323
    Pidcock was even more impressive considering he has just recovered from multiple injuries after being hit by a car while riding.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24170
    So difficult to do any work at the minute!

I sprung for the Discovery Plus thing to get all the events.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11444
    munckee said:
    Pidcock was even more impressive considering he has just recovered from multiple injuries after being hit by a car while riding.

Pidcock looks like a major talent.  He's had some very good results on the road as well, including beating Van Aert in a sprint. Boardman says he will win the Tour De France.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Saw the Women's Mountain Bike even this morning, very impressive 123 from the Swiss. Very rare to get a clean sweep in an Olympic event. Not quite as engaging as the mens as the winner, Jolanda Neff, had it stitched up in the first 15 mins or so, but never the less I find this kind of attritional event very engaging
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14166
    tFB Trader
    crunchman said:
    munckee said:

Pidcock looks like a major talent.  He's had some very good results on the road as well, including beating Van Aert in a sprint. Boardman says he will win the Tour De France.
    He is due to take part in the Vuelta in what 2/3 weeks time
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7088
    Walkden webbed in the chops at the last second in Tae Kwon Do, KaP0W!!!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    Women's Triathalon. WOW and what strength and endurance.

Georgia Taylor-Brown (GB) made a fantastic recovery to get Silver
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom