One of my old guitars at Essex Recording Studios!

What's Hot

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Stevepage said:
    https://reverb.com/uk/item/36440345-black-label-society-zakk-wylde-band-artist-owned-tour-guitar-gibson-gothic-flying-v

Fancy paying £7k for a guitar owned by some one who exposed himself to a child?
    What?

I've never heard this.
    @fretmeister Not a savoury story at all, which is why the septic Septic leaves the name unmentioned in his ad:
    https://loudwire.com/black-label-society-nick-catanese-guilty-sexual-misconduct/
    :(
    As this thread is about guitars, imagine if you'd bought a Catanese sig? There were a few from PRS and Washburn, even a short run of pricy ones from each manufacturer.

The ex-PhillyQ/Sneap V is lovely, though!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    DLM said:
    As this thread is about guitars, imagine if you'd bought a Catanese sig? There were a few from PRS and Washburn, even a short run of pricy ones from each manufacturer.

I was actually very keen on buying the Nick Catanese PRS SE when it first came out, not because I was a fan but I liked the spec - ebony board, EMGs.  It was only the big "ET" (Evil Twin) graphic on the body which put me off.  Glad I didn't buy one!
    Incidentally, going back to the Edwards V, the Reverb listing says:

"This guitar has been customized to Andy's specs with locking tuners, upgraded bridge and Fishman pickups."

Which isn't right, it already had the Sperzels and TonePros bridge.  The only mods I can see are the Fishman pickups (and electronics), plus the Dunlop strap buttons. 

• MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3627
    Stevepage said:
    https://reverb.com/uk/item/36440345-black-label-society-zakk-wylde-band-artist-owned-tour-guitar-gibson-gothic-flying-v

Could be worse.  You could have bought a Rolf Harris signature editon Stylophone

• ReverendReverend Frets: 4974
    edited July 2021
    Why would you want an Andy Sneap guitar that wasn't a Fernandes Shark Fin?
    Reverend said:
    Why would you want an Andy Sneap guitar that was a Fernandes Shark Fin?
    Where's that, one of their other listings?
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    Offset said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Sassafras said:
    Offset said:
    This guy's gear is so ludicrously over-priced and is described with such laughably gushing hyperbole, I'm frankly astounded he sells anything.  Previous threads suggest he isn't someone you'd want to pass on the street, let alone do business with.

Andy Sneap?  Never heard of him.

That's coz he's better known as Philly_Q.
    :D He really isn't!  

There is a very slight general resemblance.  I've got a bit more hair, he's got a better beard and he's probably about a foot taller.

And I don't own any leather clothing.

Photos Judas Priest at The Warfield San Francisco CA June 24th 2019   MetalSucks
    I bet that V has the worst-ever case of buckle-rash.
    That's the least of his worries; check out scary granddad behind him preparing to give him a good fist f***ing.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    Reverend said:
    typo on my part. Sneap played it at his peak
    Stevepage said:

£600 for the guitar, £1 for stickers, £6k for the connection to a a sex offender???
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Reverend said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Reverend said:
    Ah, I see you've changed it to wasn't!  Was that back in Sabbat days?

Actually I'd have considered buying this Edwards back, if it was a lot cheaper.  It's a decent guitar, really nice neck.
    Philly_Q said:
    Reverend said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Reverend said:
    Ah, I see you've changed it to wasn't!  Was that back in Sabbat days?

Actually I'd have considered buying this Edwards back, if it was a lot cheaper.  It's a decent guitar, really nice neck.
    yeah

and it does look good, albeit slightly overpriced there. 
    I never properly listened to Sabbat, I should really.  I was listening to a couple of Skyclad albums last week though, by coincidence.
    First one is easily a top ten greatest thrash album. Second is great too. Third? No one has it 
    Id say sneap has never produced anything as good as the debut
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11306
    JezWynd said:
    Offset said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Sassafras said:
    Offset said:
    This guy's gear is so ludicrously over-priced and is described with such laughably gushing hyperbole, I'm frankly astounded he sells anything.  Previous threads suggest he isn't someone you'd want to pass on the street, let alone do business with.

Andy Sneap?  Never heard of him.

That's coz he's better known as Philly_Q.
    :D He really isn't!  

There is a very slight general resemblance.  I've got a bit more hair, he's got a better beard and he's probably about a foot taller.

And I don't own any leather clothing.

Photos Judas Priest at The Warfield San Francisco CA June 24th 2019   MetalSucks
    I bet that V has the worst-ever case of buckle-rash.
    That's the least of his worries; check out scary granddad behind him preparing to give him a good fist f***ing.
    Jesus - I'm sitting here with tears running down my face.  I know I shouldn't... but I am... 
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited July 2021
    I remember the Fernandes Sharkfin. Also didn’t he work at Carlsboro’s in Hockley back in 1991? He had more hair then. 
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1839
    Reverend said:
    Stevepage said:

£600 for the guitar, £1 for stickers, £6k for the connection to a a sex offender???
    Priceless! 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4085
    nah there was bit more to it than that, thankfully i had read various bits on here and pulled out 
    He stoops to all manner of threats when called out for things , he deserves no sympathy,a nasty piece of work 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1742
    Never looked on his website before. First thing I see is an 89 strat plus in Daphne blue. He says he’s not sure if it’s original. Daphne blue was never a plus colour so it is definitely not original and he wants £1500 for it.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    So, to clarify, is the issue a question as to how much value being celebrity owned adds to an instrument?