SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold Fender 1982/83 Dan Smith Fullerton Strat, Blue Stratoburst Rosewood

penguinpaulpenguinpaul Frets: 45
edited January 2022 in Guitars £
Blue Stratoburst Dan Smith Fender Strat

This is an early 1983 (Known as the 1982 Dan Smith Strat, before the 2 knob strats). The serial number puts it as a 1982 (or early 1983) Fullerton, and the neck stamping shows early 1983. This is an actual Dan Smith Strat, rather than the later 2 knob Fenders which often get described as such.

Blue Stratoburst was a very rare custom order colour available on this year, and there aren't many about.  Almost all of these blue stratobursts had maple fingerboards too, so this rosewood is even more uncommon.  
Pickups are original, including the well known X1 Dan Smith pickup in the bridge.

As uncommon and stunning as it is though, this example is a players guitar not a case queen!  
At some point (a common thing in the 80/90s) it had Schaller tuners and a locking nut fitted. These have been removed and the original tuners reinstalled, however there are holes in the headstock from where they were.  I also believe it had a bridge humbucker fitted once, hence the bridge pickup routing widened. 
Plenty of knocks and battle scars, but plenty of patina and character! 
Plays great and benefited from a recent refret from well known Guitar Doc, Julyan Wallis. 
Comes with tremolo arm, and will come in a new Fender soft case.

£1750 £1600 - little bit of a price drop to tempt someone! 
NOW SOLD!

Guitar is located near Falmouth, Cornwall. Happy to travel as far as Exeter for no extra charge, or can package and courier for £35.

0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That's a great colour.

Don't normally dig strats, but that's very cool.

GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's a great colour.

Don't normally dig strats, but that's very cool.

GLWTS

Thanks, that colour really does stand out!
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    Ah man, this is basically what I want as a year of birth guitar (December ‘82). Being a Strat guy, there’s nothing else out around that time other than a Squier JV that fits the bill. The colour is brilliant too. As I’m saving to make that purchase next year (my 40th), I’m not sure I have the funds right now but if I can sell some stuff, I’ll be interested! 
    GLWTS. 
  • Adamski said:
    Ah man, this is basically what I want as a year of birth guitar (December ‘82). Being a Strat guy, there’s nothing else out around that time other than a Squier JV that fits the bill. The colour is brilliant too. As I’m saving to make that purchase next year (my 40th), I’m not sure I have the funds right now but if I can sell some stuff, I’ll be interested! 
    GLWTS. 

Ah yeh I guess this is within a month or so of your birthday! Stay in touch, if it's still around when you're looking, it certainly is a stunning looking Strat! (I'd love to be able to keep it, but sadly it's going to have to go at some point soon)
  • Bump
  • Bump!
  • Bump, I could be tempted by part-ex trades..
  • pumkinpumkin Frets: 135
    Any idea of the weight  ? Thanks 
  • pumkin said:
    Just weighed it at around 7.5lbs. (3.4kg)
    I actually took it to band rehearsal this evening and found it a nice weight to have on for 2.5 hours. 
    Hope this helps. 
  • pumkinpumkin Frets: 135
    pumkin said:
    Just weighed it at around 7.5lbs. (3.4kg)
    I actually took it to band rehearsal this evening and found it a nice weight to have on for 2.5 hours. 
    Hope this helps. 
    Thanks... 
  • Bump! I went quiet on this and decided to keep it, but it's been a few months and I haven't played it a lot in that time so it is available!
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
    Wow an actual Dan Smith! Not the rubbish flyte strats, that's thing of beauty 
  • Thanks for the interest everyone, this has now sold!