SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Collings 290 TV Yellow

What's Hot
brucegillbrucegill Frets: 712
edited August 2021 in Guitars £

Stunning Collings 290 for sale. Bought on here from the lovely @DB1 who bought it from @MtB ;;;;

It's a cracking guitar, but I seem to be disappearing down a rabbit hole of Modular Synths at the moment. I've also got a I30 and I don't really need anything else...

Its in fantastic shape for a 10 year old guitar! frets are great, plays well etc. All I've done is stick some 11's on there and raised the action a tad from Daves setup. 

Weighed on my kitchen scales at 7lb 8.5oz to 7lb 9oz

@DB1 original (much funnier) ad is here: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/2983521/#Comment_2983521

from @MtB original ad:

Collings 290

Honduran Mahogany neck and body

Premium Rosewood fingerboard, Ivoroid dots and Lollar P90s

Tonepros bridge and tailpiece

Nut: 1 11/16ths

Scale 24 7/8

12 inch radius

Medium frets

C shape neck 0.865 at first fret 0.967 at 9th

Extra long tenon neck joint

Serial No. 11864     Was built in 2011   and is the 864th 290 that has been built – they were first introduced in 2006.

The guitar has one blemish on it by the lower bridge post, and this has had a drop fill done on it which renders it unnoticeable except for all but the closest scrutiny. Otherwise there isn’t a mark on it. (It took Dave and I 10 mins to even find this blemish!)

Price is £2200 collected. I'm in CM22 area, Hatfield Broad Oak, Near Stansted Airport. I do have a box for sending a guitar and a tone of bubble wrap, but it would be down to you to arrange and insure etc. Payment via Bank Transfer, Paypal Gift or plus fees. 

Not looking for any trades that I can think of.... You can try me, but realistically the money is going into a pot for some modular goodness. I also have a OX Box for sale on here....

Here's Dave's Photos for now. I'll add one or two over the weekend - Let me know if you want to see anything specific. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments