SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sale

What's Hot
GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2339
edited August 2021 in Parts £ tFB Trader

SALE

Back in the workshop now, I’ve had the roof repaired. Before I get stuck into the backlog of work, I’m going to spend a few weeks doing some more stock clearance. These will be bodies and neck’s that I've been on the shelf for some time, I just need to finish them. Many of them will be at least £100 off the normal price. 

I’m not taking new commissions, unless I have something part built that will meet the requirements that I’m asked for.

First up a RB6 with German curve.

Body, Swamp Ash, fully chambered very light 2lb 14oz.

This is a B grade body as there is a small repair by the jack socket hole, see photo below.

Routed for Standard TC bridge and pickup, P90 in the neck.

Neck, Light Flamed Maple with Rosewood finger board, MOP dot’s 9.5” rad

Frets 22 medium jumbo .100” x .050”

Nut un bleach bone 43mm

1st fret 21mm

12th fret 22.75mm

2 way rod

Head stock drilled for M6 machine heads or similar, 10mm back, 8mm front.

Backplate covers and neck plate with screws supplied.

£320 + £12 P&P SOLD

TC smugglers version (sort of).

Swamp Ash body, chambered more or less as the smugglers version, weight 4lb. This is a B grade body as I broke a screw when fitting the bridge, it had to be removed plugged and re-drilled. If you're not familiar with this model a standard pickguard covers all the routing.

Neck is made from highly Famed Maple, with an oil finish.

Abalone dot makers

22 medium jumbo frets, .100” x .050”

Nut bone 22.3mm

1st fret 20.5mm

12th fret 22.5mm

2 way rod

Head stock drill for vintage tunes, 6.3mm back 8.8mm front.

£230 + £12 P&P SOLD

Edit. please note the measurements of the neck, this is a slim neck, not chunky.

2 LPJ DC’s

The one on the left is the B grade only because the mahogany is not very pretty.

Body is made from African mahogany.

The neck is 3 piece made from Honduras mahogany with an ebony fascia on the headstock, which is drilled for vintage tunes.

Weight with the neck 5lb 6oz.

Nut bone 43mm

1st fret 20.89mm

12th fret 22mm

Fret’s jumbo .110” x .053”

2 way rod

MOP dot’s 

SOLD

The one on the right is also a B grade, there is a small chip (repaired) by the jack plug socket, that won’t be seen once the plate is in place. 

The same construction as above, weight body and neck 5lb 10oz.

Nut bone 43mm

1st fret 22.3mm

12 fret 23.6mm

Fret’s medium jumbo .100” x .050”

2 way rod

MOP dot’s

Both priced at £320 + £12 P&P. Both come with a black pick guard and backplate.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4130
    Do you have any Explorers or Vees tucked away perhaps please? And/or part-finished LP customs…? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2339
    tFB Trader
    I have 4 V's part build, 1 Mahogany and 3 Idigbo 

The one on the left and in the middle are modern V's one on the right is a 58. The Mahogany one is also 58 I think, I haven't seen it for awhile but I know it's somewhere in the wood store. They will sell for £420 post free.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4130
    edited July 2021
    GSPBASSES said:
    I have 4 V's part build, 1 Mahogany and 3 Idigbo 

The one on the left and in the middle are modern V's one on the right is a 58. The Mahogany one is also 58 I think, I haven't seen it for awhile but I know it's somewhere in the wood store. They will sell for £420 post free.

Awesome! PM incoming
  • Hi- Do you ever build with a single action truss rod?
  • martin1914martin1914 Frets: 13
    Pm'd about LPJDC
    edited July 2021 tFB Trader
    Hi- Do you ever build with a single action truss rod?
    No, have not used those horrible things for at least 25 years.

Stand back and wait for Mr Angry to charge in.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • saxosimsaxosim Frets: 69
    Are the neck on the juniors already glued in ready to go as that’s the bit that scares me?  Thanks 
    tFB Trader
    saxosim said:
    Are the neck on the juniors already glued in ready to go as that’s the bit that scares me?  Thanks 
    Yes the necks are glued in. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    The prices I have quoted for postage are for UK mainland only, there are several places where the postage can be double or treble what I've quoted. If you live in any parts of the highlands or Northern Ireland could you please let me know so I can give you a new quote on the postage. I normally state this at the beginning of all my sales but I forgot to do it this time.

• WhistlerWhistler Frets: 322
    edited July 2021
    Another day.
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4492
    Phew.  You just saved me about 600 quid, @Whistler .  That's going to look lovely.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Any wrap around 54 sing cut with carved tops going? 
    edited July 2021 tFB Trader
    Any wrap around 54 sing cut with carved tops going? 
    No, generally speaking, because of the cost of a Les Paul carved top, the guys who build part casters do not buy them.

Edit.

The photo below is one of my standard LPs with a 5A flame top, the price of the these start at £550. The one in the photo because it is has binding on the body and neck and crown inlays will be round about £650. Most people know you could buy an Epiphone LP for less. But there again with the right Sprayer and Builder you would end up with a guitar that would equal any from the big G custom shop. Maybe I should get @GoldenEraGuitars to work his magic on one for me, so you can see what you can do with one of these.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Phew.  You just saved me about 600 quid, @Whistler .  That's going to look lovely.
    If you still want to spend your money there will be two more TC's coming up next week see pictures below.

This one has a tummy cut and a arm cut, if you don't fancy using the middle pick up, a standard pick guard does cover it.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Bump.

The LPJ DC on the right it's still available.

£320 + £12 P&P. comes with a black pick guard and backplate.

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    GSPBASSES said:
    Any wrap around 54 sing cut with carved tops going? 
    No, generally speaking, because of the cost of a Les Paul carved top, the guys who build part casters do not buy them.

Edit.

The photo below is one of my standard LPs with a 5A flame top, the price of the these start at £550. The one in the photo because it is has binding on the body and neck and crown inlays will be round about £650. Most people know you could buy an Epiphone LP for less. But there again with the right Sprayer and Builder you would end up with a guitar that would equal any from the big G custom shop. Maybe I should get @GoldenEraGuitars to work his magic on one for me, so you can see what you can do with one of these.

That’s a lovely looking guitar, very nice cap on it too.
  • I'd really like to see a collaboration between you guys :) 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    edited August 2021
    I'd really like to see a collaboration between you guys  
    If you spend some money (well worth it) on a proper finish for one of Graham's guitars, you can end up with a stunning guitar @tanihhiavlt ;;

That LP would be stunning with a proper paint job.  Stunning!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom