What ever happened to mike_l

What's Hot
Has anyone heard from Mike at all? Seems like he hasn't logged in for 18 months? Shame as he was a real nice fella
The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I see him on Facebook a fair bit. He's a memer. Think he just got bored of the joint.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15476
    Sometimes taking a break from this place is healthy. Sometimes those breaks become longer than 1st intended.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10645
    Very nice fella, he’s fine :) 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    He's a nice chap.

Had a beer with him a couple of times.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    He changed jobs a few years ago, and is generally busy all the time. @viz let me know about this thread.
    Other than that, I'm healthy, but not playing guitar as much as I'd like. 

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    mike_l said:
    He changed jobs a few years ago, and is generally busy all the time. @viz let me know about this thread.
    Glad to hear you are well mate
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10229

Top bloke. Nice to hear from you again @mike_l ;
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    mike_l said:
    Hello Mike. Hope you're well. 
    Thanks guys. 

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Good to hear all’s well Mike. 

Now, where’s @thomasross20 these days? 
     He's a memer. 
    Is this your way of saying he's a bit of a wanker?

• boogieman said:
    Good to hear all’s well Mike. 

Now, where’s @thomasross20 these days? 
    Hello, good Sir!
    Working like a mofo the last 12 months, trigger finger's got worse so not great for playing guitar (last recording posted below)!
    Tell you what, I'm so glad I put in the hours when younger as I've no time for anything these days.. work (mainly!), managing a home, making time for the stepdaughters and lovely new girlfriend.. Have very fond memories of this place, I should really post more. How is everybody doing?

Nice playing! I love hearing inversions played properly, gives the bass line a proper flow instead of sounding like chunked up chords. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • viz said:
    Nice playing! I love hearing inversions played properly, gives the bass line a proper flow instead of sounding like chunked up chords. 
    Thanks, kind sir - I trust you are still on fire, guitar-wise!
    Took me a while to adapt that the way I wanted - a properly moving bass line is so awesome 8)
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Hey Thomas! Good to hear you’re ok and things are going well for you, also nice to hear there’s a lady in your life again.  ;) 
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15476
    hi tigger, glad things are working out for you.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

viz said:
    Thanks, kind sir - I trust you are still on fire, guitar-wise!

Nope, my wood is sodden and I've run out of matches. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes I found somebody really special (until I find out otherwise lol). I hope you are all doing well - hope to meet up in person some point in future with all our snazzy guitars (and no matches!)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom