SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold! Gretsch Masterbuilt Stephen Stern G6118T-R-CST 'Relic' Double Anniversary -

What's Hot
AlexOAlexO Frets: 1117
edited September 2021 in Guitars £
So here goes...

I'm a big Gretsch fan and Stern built US Custom Shop model has been top of my gas list for quite a few years now. Every one I've been lucky enough to play is on another planet from the standard Custom Shops we come to expect from Fender , Gibson etc.

I don't know what they are doing but there is certainly some magic dust on Mr Sterns work bench. I've owned loads of Proline Gretsch and have a stunning Vintage Select Penguin as my other guitar and this just on another planet. 
I don't think there are any superlatives to do it justice. Best I can say is it plays and sounds like a special vintage guitar!

This is a 2009 model and it's worth noting this is when Stephen Stern built all the guitars himself, he now has a team of Masterbuilders with him.

So why am I moving it on... I suffer from tendonitis and certain neck profiles just aggravate it to the part of me not being able to hold a chord. I'm absolutely gutted but the lovely V shape on this neck is just one of those necks that kill me. I've tried to play through it, leave in it's case for a few days but it's not getting any better.

• 16" x 2.5" Laminated maple hollow body
  • Trestle Bracing 
  • 2-Piece Maple neck with tapered heel
  • Ebony Fingerboard - 12" Radius 
  • Bone Nut (1-11/16" wide)
  • Groovern Sta-Tite Machine Heads
  • 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
  • Duel TV Jones Classic Pups
  • Space - Control Bridge (Hand tooled so no need for an upgrade like on others)
  • Bibsgy B6C
  • Knurled Strap Butons
  • Vintage 2-Tone Smoke Green Laquer Finish.
The price of the Gretsch Masterbuilt's and the waiting list is getting crazy now. Just have a google and check any of the major stores. Hollowbodies start at £7000... 

At the moment this is trade only and I've given dibs sale wise already if I can't find the right trades.

I"m after the following 
  • Another Gretsch Masterbuilt
  • Gibson ES 295 or other arch tops 
  • Gibson ES 335 VOS / 345 /355
  • Gretsch Prolines - Esp interested in the Setzer Smoke 6120 and Custom Colour falcons. 
  • Fender Custom Shops  with cash my way.
  • Happy to answer any questions... Long meets might be a bit tricky as we had a baby girl last week...CheersAlex

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Now that is a stunner. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1178
    edited July 2021
    Interesting I'm also selling my 2012 Stephen Stern Champagne sparkle 59 duo-jet. They're great guitars, I'm also keeping a Stephen Stern penguin. Best of luck with the sale Alex.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cool guitar and congrats on the baby =0

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1117
    Just a heads up. I'm going to list it on a few other sites again for trade. But will need to put a price for trade value so don't want anyone thinking I'm trying to flip it after getting it for such a bargain on here! I also want to avoid the usual dealers from sniffing round...

Like I said I'm gutted that this guitar gives me joint issues.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6079
    I'm really sorry this one didn't work out for you Alex, I know how thrilled you were to get Annie. 

Huge congratulations on the arrival of your baby girl though, that's fantastic news.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    Surprised this hasn't gone yet...?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Withdrawn - Too busy with a newborn to be guitar trading!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 928
    AlexO said:
    Withdrawn - Too busy with a newborn to be guitar trading!
    wise man - keep it
    The first one is quite time consuming. By the the time you get to three or four they become quite feral though and there’s lots more time for trading ;)
    Back up for those willing to come to me.. SK4 Stockport. I make a cracking brew and friends keep bringing round biscuits so they need to be eaten.

Bit more open on the trades so PM me anything cool.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    Is this still for sale? PM incoming...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Hattigol said:
    Is this still for sale? PM incoming...

Yes it’s back on the block…

Looking for a Gibson Custom Shop guitar in trade for it.

I’ll be travelling down to Cornwall from MCR in late September if that works for anyone for a meet up.

Anyone looking at this, fancying a Gretsch but a little put off by the idea that this is some plain girl next door, cutesy Chet Atkins type of guitar. Stop and back way way up. This Annie is a monster rock chick, nought to Setzer, Townsend or Young in the twist of a volume dial.