Voting for Solo of the Month (SotM) #72

What's Hot
Welcome to the voting thread for Solo of the Month (SotM) #72. Feel free to vote and comment in this thread.

The backing track for this one was kindly provided by @digitalkettle

Vote for your top 3 entries. If you're an entrant you can't vote for yourself.

1st choice gets 5 points
2nd choice gets 3 points
3rd choice gets 1 point

Voting will end at midnight 31st July 2021.

The top three will be announced after the voting closes. No prizes. It's just for fun.

You can find all the entries the playlist below.

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/sets/sotm72-2021-07

It's not a competition.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    I've been jamming over this one all week - it was a gorgeous backing track, but when I came to record my preamp decided to malfunction with 24 hours to the deadline :(

1st: @susbemol ; - lovely tasty phrasing and killer lead in to the more melodic section with those synth sounds (which suited the backing to a tee, wish I'd thought of that). Loved how you ended it too, perfect. 

2nd: @stratman3142 - as above, super tasty playing. Really nice tone and fluid lines when you took off in the second section towards the end as well!

3rd: Going to cheat and have a joint 3rd with @Bellycaster and @fastonebaz - former had some lovely melodic playing, latter mixed your usual fierce attack with lots of nice melodic ideas too. The first two entries just pipped it in terms of phrasing though imo. 

Well done all!
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4065
    5pts @susbemol wow! Awesome. Tone.  Phrasing.  Composition.  Playing. Mixing.  Splendid. Great work. 

3pts @stratman3142 I was convinced this was my winning choice until Susbemol came along :lol: Rant enjoyed the tone and precision here

1pt @Bellycaster I enjoyed to tone and playing here too but wasn't quite as blown away as the others. 
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3124
    I've been jamming over this one all week - it was a gorgeous backing track, but when I came to record my preamp decided to malfunction with 24 hours to the deadline :(

1st: @susbemol ; - lovely tasty phrasing and killer lead in to the more melodic section with those synth sounds (which suited the backing to a tee, wish I'd thought of that). Loved how you ended it too, perfect. 

2nd: @stratman3142 - as above, super tasty playing. Really nice tone and fluid lines when you took off in the second section towards the end as well!

3rd: Going to cheat and have a joint 3rd with @Bellycaster and @fastonebaz - former had some lovely melodic playing, latter mixed your usual fierce attack with lots of nice melodic ideas too. The first two entries just pipped it in terms of phrasing though imo. 

Well done all!
    I'm going to say 'same here'! ;)

Bit bummed that I never found the time to make an entry (to my own backing track!) this month.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    5 points : @subsemol : Great phrasing and melodic ideas. Good synth sound and overall excellent fit to the track.
    3 points : @Bellycaster : Nice low gain sound and good fit to the backing. 
    1 points : @fastonebaz : Great technique as usual but a bit too aggressive for the backing for me.

It's not a competition.
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 395
    5 points: @stratman3142 - very nice work with the trem once again.
    3 points: @Bellycaster - lovely contrast between the cleaner and dirtier tones.
    1 points: @fastonebaz - lots of energy!
    Voting ends tonight at midnight.

It's not a competition.
    I forgot to ask if anyone wants to provide a backing track for the next one. But I'll need it tomorrow, so sorry about the short notice.

If not, I'll use one of mine.

It's not a competition.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5833
    5 Points @susbemol - Loved the Fusion style playing, great note choices. Fantastic idea for the Guitar Synth, sounded very Steve Winwood.

3 Points @stratman3142 - Nice mix of styles, great trem work and lovely legato runs. Very good fit for the track.

1 Point @fastonebaz - Great Skill as usual, very powerful solo. 

Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Voting closed.

It's not a competition.
  • Well done to everyone ! Sounded great... ive finally some recording gear arriving next week so might throw in an entry or two to  lower the standard :) Well done all
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom