SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Fender Tele.... £600-800 budget

What's Hot
dombennisondombennison Frets: 128
edited August 2021 in Guitars £
As my Strandberg is going this week, I'm on the lookout for a nice explorer and a Tele. Max budget of £600-800.

Not too fussy about finishes (except I'm not big on sunburst!) etc Nice chunky necks would be perfect!

I'm based near Leeds and can collect from wherever there's a train link (curse my lack of car/ability to drive) or I'm happy to pay for postage.

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TrentGuitarsTrentGuitars Frets: 1756
    tFB Trader
    Not sure if my guitars are your cup of tea but I'd be mad to not offer to build you one!
  • Resurrecting this one after a few guitars moved around - now on the lookout for a nice tele
  • I’ve a tele baja up on the board if that’s of interest to you? 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6887
    I have a really nice, stripped Fender Baja Telecaster. I'd be happy with £550. It's a good'un. 

• LordOxygenLordOxygen Frets: 319
    edited August 2021
    I have a early 90s Japanese telly with a hard case that I bought from this forum.
    Infact here is the advert and the previouse owners pics I've hardly used it (played for 30mins max since collecting it) its just sitting in the case. 
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/2942267/#Comment_2942267
    I paid £850 - will sell for £750
    Needs collecting from near Oxford.

• lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2653
    Should be able to get a nice Tele for that. A Baja or one of the new Vintera range (one has a nice chunky neck) would be my suggestion..
  • Thanks for the offers so far everyone( keep em coming!) I’ll get back to everyone after work. 
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7391
    I mean, I'd be inclined to snap @LordOxygen's hand off personally
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • You should be spoilt for choice really in that price bracket. Even with things having got silly on prices, you still get a lot of guitar - eg a player series brand new is in that bracket and basically the old US standard series in spec. Used discount and working up the budget range you should be able to pick and choose some nice uplift eg finish, better pickups, electronics, neck carve etc.

I'm not too clued up on the MiJ so can’t offer an opinion there, but the baja really is a great tele. Sounds and plays great and very much blackguard inspired if that’s your cup of tea.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16415
    There's a Brad Paisley on here
    Best tele Fender have ever made ..........the silver sparkle is awful but the feel /tone and weight excuses the visuals
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
    I have a early 90s Japanese telly with a hard case that I bought from this forum.
    Infact here is the advert and the previouse owners pics I've hardly used it (played for 30mins max since collecting it) its just sitting in the case. 

Very nice
  • Fender Vintera Road Worn in Vintage Blonde - £800?
  • andyscandysc Frets: 205
    I know it isn’t close to you, but I really don’t think you could do better than the Baja Tele being offered on this forum. The price being asked seems like a bargain.

I have only just bought a blonde coloured, black pick guard, maple neck Tele, otherwise I would have bought that one. I am still tempted! Please buy it so that I can’t. My wallet with thank you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have a early 90s Japanese telly with a hard case that I bought from this forum.

That's a lovely looking guitar

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey