SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: 2016 Gibson LP Traditional, Fender Jim Root Tele, Fender Blacktop Jaguar

What's Hot
Decided it was time I streamlined my collection, so these three are for the chop.

2016 Gibson LP Traditional plain top Lemon Burst - £1400
These were a limited run colour/finish, and are becoming sought after.
Just too heavy for my post car accident glass back!
Have replaced the awful 57 classic and plus with Seymour Duncan JB and 59, and added orange drops in place of the crap Gibson fitted. Have a spare switchcraft toggle I'll lob in the original Gibson case.
It has quite a bit of buckle rash as it has been used a fair bit, but not gigged - not a pristine case queen.
Poker chip is also scratched up from a drunken attempt to tighten the retaining screw on the toggle (don't ask).
Have seen others going for 1600+, but, I've priced mine to reflect mods and condition.

Fender Jim Root Telecaster - £1000
Lovely looking and playing guitar, just active pups are not my thing.
One small ding on the underside (photographed) but otherwise tip top.
Have elixirs on it in CGCFAD at the moment.
Comes with the Fender tweed case - needs a febreeze from the previous owners.

Fender Blacktop Jaguar - £650
Sticker in the photo is removable
Decent condition. Ding on the neck is noticeable, but, doesn't affect playing.
Modded by other owners and my tech.
Has Duncan JB and 59b (instead of n, so it can sit lower)
Fully shielded cavity.
Fender gold tuners and toggle, and some screws, but not bridge/tailpiece (previous owner, so not sure what they were doing)
Comes with Hiscox case, original pickups, pearloid guard.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Those 2016 plain tops are really nice. Heavy, as they have no weight relief, but they're proper, full fat Les Pauls.

Good luck with the sale! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MiscusernameMiscusername Frets: 58
    edited August 2021
    Those 2016 plain tops are really nice. Heavy, as they have no weight relief, but they're proper, full fat Les Pauls.

Good luck with the sale! 
    Yup. It's a ten pounder. I can manage only a few songs before the damaged back flairs up. It's a shame as it is a fantastic guitar.

And cheer ! 
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 172
    Those 2016 plain tops are really nice. Heavy, as they have no weight relief, but they're proper, full fat Les Pauls.

Good luck with the sale! 
    Gibson's website says the 2016 Traditional has 9-hole weight relief - where are you getting your info from as I had discounted 2016 models on that basis ?
  • Mine is definitely not weight relieved. Making me doubt the year now... 
  • Schmo said:

Good luck with the sale! 
    Gibson's website says the 2016 Traditional has 9-hole weight relief - where are you getting your info from as I had discounted 2016 models on that basis ?
    http://www.gibsontraditional.com/models/gibson-les-paul-traditional-2016-plain-top/
  • Yes, plain tops were not weight relieved. 

The 2016 LP traditional plain top was about as close as you could get to a proper 'old spec' Les Paul Standard that year. I believe the 2016 standard had weight relief. 

If its like the one I had, then it'll be a really nice LP. I only sold mine as I just can't get on with single cuts. 

Miscusername said:
    Schmo said:

Good luck with the sale! 
    http://www.gibsontraditional.com/models/gibson-les-paul-traditional-2016-plain-top/

• SchmoSchmo Frets: 172
    Schmo said:

Good luck with the sale! 
    Cheers for that - its very confusing, appears that the plain top edition is solid but the rest of 2016 weight-relieved.
    Bloody Gibson LOL.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4826
    I think you'd be silly discounting the Traditional T from 2016.  I have one and it really is very good and certainly heavy enough.  Probably varies from guitar to guitar as usual.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • rlw said:
    I think you'd be silly discounting the Traditional T from 2016.  I have one and it really is very good and certainly heavy enough.  Probably varies from guitar to guitar as usual.
    Yup! I love it. I'd prefer not to sell it, but injury dictates I must!
    Now if only somebody would buy it.... 
  • Sensible offers welcome bump! 
  • Okay, how about reasonable offers instead of sensible? 
  • Have declined a few trades so far. Would be willing to trade for a lighter LP or a very good Strat maybe. I'm very picky with specs though! 
  • I regret selling my 2016 plain top LP. One of the reasons I sold was the pickups, and the fact it was in spotless condition and I didn't feel like ruining it - so yours would solve those issues. 

I can't buy right now, but I'll keep an eye on the thread and start scurrying away the £s!

• I regret selling my 2016 plain top LP. One of the reasons I sold was the pickups, and the fact it was in spotless condition and I didn't feel like ruining it - so yours would solve those issues. 

I can't buy right now, but I'll keep an eye on the thread and start scurrying away the £s!

I'll probably regret selling this too but know I should for my useless back. I need to get an ES Les Paul! 
  • EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    I don't think 9 hole weight relief makes much difference to tone. I have a 95 les paul standard and a 2020 classic with the 9 hole relief and they are belting guitars. The 95 has been my benchmark that every other guitar I have owned has been set against. Very few have equalled it. The classic is also heavier than the 95 so it is probably 10lbs or so
  • Evildurka said:
    I don't think 9 hole weight relief makes much difference to tone. I have a 95 les paul standard and a 2020 classic with the 9 hole relief and they are belting guitars. The 95 has been my benchmark that every other guitar I have owned has been set against. Very few have equalled it. The classic is also heavier than the 95 so it is probably 10lbs or so
    Yeah, 9 hole takes weight away. Chambering will have a more pronounced effect on the sound as it starts to behave like a semi hollow. 

But yes, something lighter is needed. 
    Anyone out there? 
  • Bump. Still available...