SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 2019 Fender American Original Thinline Tele in natural

What's Hot
oldhorsemurphyoldhorsemurphy Frets: 321
edited September 2021 in Guitars £
I've not had this too long and it is with mixed feelings that I'm selling it. Sadly my two bands have folded and I'm seriously considering whether I actually want to gig again. 

Anyway, it's a 2019/20 American Original Thinline Tele in super overall condition apart from a very  small lacquer chip on the edge of the 10th fret and another minor one caused when I fitted the aftermarket black pickguard. It comes with all the case candy and a black Fender Tolex case, although the right catch doesn't work. Structurally it's sound though. 

These natural ones seem to be at a premium price at the moment, so I've priced this to offer a good saving. I'm looking for £1,275 posted. No trades please. 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18178
    tFB Trader
    That looks much nicer with the black guard.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3377
    Looks great, always fancied one of these. Can’t imagine it’ll be around for long, glwts (and hit me up if you change your mind about trades :) ).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks chaps. Alas, trades are just what I don't want right now. 

In fact I'm due to advertise a nearly new Pro II Strat and a Johnny Marr Jag too and even I'm not that silly to bring more in right now!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks chaps. Alas, trades are just what I don't want right now. 

In fact I'm due to advertise a nearly new Pro II Strat and a Johnny Marr Jag too and even I'm not that silly to bring more in right now!
    What colour is the Marr?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's this one:

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Identical to mine! If it'd been the Black one I would've bitten your hand off.

You have impeccable taste!!
    Thanks chaps. Alas, trades are just what I don't want right now. 

Sounds like a brutal cull. 

I've not had this too long and it is with mixed feelings that I'm selling it. Sadly my two bands have folded and I'm seriously considering whether I actually want to gig again. 

Not trying to teach you to suck eggs buddy, but be careful of an emotive knee jerk reaction here -sounds like there is a lot of emotion involved with the band scenario. Do you need to gig to justify enjoying fantastic guitars? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Completely take your point and it's something I've thought long and hard about. I've got a couple more guitars that are far more sentimental to me that I'll hang on to. I'm sure I could justify keeping more guitars if I really wanted to, but I know they'd simply sit there gathering dust and to me, that's just a waste of guitar. 

I'm primarily a bass player, so more than a few guitars have always been a bit of an indulgence for me! :)
    Completely take your point and it's something I've thought long and hard about. I've got a couple more guitars that are far more sentimental to me that I'll hang on to. I'm sure I could justify keeping more guitars if I really wanted to, but I know they'd simply sit there gathering dust and to me, that's just a waste of guitar. 

I'm primarily a bass player, so more than a few guitars have always been a bit of an indulgence for me! :)

Have done the same myself on several occasions. I’ve found there’s an optimum number and anything over that and things don’t get the use they deserve. 
  • I know exactly what you mean, especially when you have several of the same style
  • Bump
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3868
    Nice guitars, have a bump.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5266
    I can’t put my thinline down....They’re very addictive 
  • Thanks. It's an amazing guitar but needs must I'm afraid
  • Bump it up
  • Bump
  • Bump
  • AJSAJS Frets: 44
    I have the fender american original 60s strat.  I was really impressed by the qualities of this range.  I am selling mine as I prefer the 54 and 57 neck profiles on my AVRIs.  GLWTS
  • AJS said:
    I have the fender american original 60s strat.  I was really impressed by the qualities of this range.  I am selling mine as I prefer the 54 and 57 neck profiles on my AVRIs.  GLWTS
    Thanks. That's a lovely Strat you have for sale. I'm sure it will go quickly. 
  • Bump