SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: J Mascis Jazzmaster

What's Hot
andymanandyman Frets: 58
edited August 2021 in Guitars £
Looking for one of the older ones. Anyone got one they don't want anymore?

Ta.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Out of interest why the older ones ? 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7391
    Out of interest why the older ones ? 
    Rosewood I’d guess 
  • Out of interest why the older ones ? 
    Rosewood I’d guess 
    That makes sense. 

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• andymanandyman Frets: 58
    edited August 2021
    I've also seen comments that they dropped the quality once they changed the neck (even moving factories?): link.

Squier have a habit of doing that, apparently - once they make a name for the quality on a guitar, swapping it out for a cheaper version. I guess that's capitalism in general, though
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3868
    Good luck, they're very rare it seems. Maybe worth asking at offsetguitars.com 
    Loobs said:
    You need like 50 posts to see the classifieds, unfortunately.

There are people selling them, but at almost new prices!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 891
    edited August 2021
    andyman said:
    Loobs said:

There is one on eBay at the moment for an ok price. No idea where it's made though

• I have one of the newer ones btw and it's a great guitar.

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7254
    I owned one of the first ones in the UK of the 'original' version and I have also played the newer ones. I will say that I prefer the newer version, as they feel better and overall fit and finish was also a lot nicer.

Currently, I just own the real original purple sparkle Japanese version which I also purchased when they were first released. 
    Oh dang, tell me more about the purple one. They barely exist, it seems.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10342
    andyman said:
    Loobs said:

Yeah, there is no point being involved in the forum when you can come to places like here just to use the classifieds...
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2021
    I don't feel like I'm very knowledgeable on the subject of guitars and there is usually someone far more informed already posting in threads; I generally keep quiet and keep learning until I have something worthwhile to say.
    Maybe food for thought?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom