You’ll never take me alive Copper(caster) Progress

What's Hot
paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3221
edited August 2021 in Making & Modding
Some time back, I fancied a Copper coloured Strat, so bought some paint and sprayed the body, I wasn't really happy with it so I got a body sent to @lamf68 who dod a proper job, which along with a really nice birds eye maple neck by @GSPBASSES  turned out really nice and is one of my favourite Strats (and I have a few) the photos dont do the relicing and checking justice…

This is the joker, new penny colour

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3221
    edited August 2021
    So, that leaves the body I painted, which I found in the loft yesterday, while looking for something else. I reckon I have enough parts kicking around to get it put together.
    The neck is a bit of a disaster, having been badly masked and used as a painting stick for Strat bodies, its probably a Squier of some sort, it needs sanding and refinishing, with Tru Oil.
    Ive got a Wilky steel bock trem, a vintage holed, single ply scratchplate, Im pretty sure Ive got a jack plate, Ive got several decent single coils, so it will probably get a Bare Knuckle Sinner at the neck and bridge, with a Creamery SC size P90 in the middle. Just found a neck plate and a 5 way switch. Probably just need to find a few screws, pots and possibly knobs and switch tip

The bits…
    Sort of old penny colour

Thats end of play for today, dogs need walking, the rides at the woods need mowing and other stuff that gets in the way of guitar building….
    Nice little Bank Holiday project
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Got some chores done, then had a rummage, fitted the pickups, found some pots, a switch and plastics…all needs wiring, just gotta find a trem claw! I must have one somewhere..

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3129
    A real-life-proper bitsa!

Looks pretty good from here ;)
    A bit more progress, neck has been sanded, the headstock painted, the Maple bits Tru Oiled and tuners fitted.
    Oh and I found a Trem Claw too! I think the only bit I will have to buy is a nut…
    Wiring next….