Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• Q1:  Where did you username come from?

My first email when I was 12 (35 now)

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Staffordshire, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

To have some fun, after playing guitar as a kid, the pandemic gave me another chance to get into the hobby again

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

Fender NAMM CS 2017 bound thinline strat

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Biffy clyro - 57

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    1. Estus is one of the healing items in Dark Souls. Once you've used them all, it's empty. 
    2. Atherton, on the border of Bolton and Wigan.
    3. No real musical ambition other than to improve. I'm currently working on improving my alternate picking speed.
    4. Never really had super expensive gear, but I just restored a beat to death '90s Japan made Jackson JDR-94, so I'm enjoying that at the moment. 
    5. Depends on what day you ask me. Into Death Metal, Hair Metal and Thrash. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1495
    3) Been playing a long time on and off in loads of bands, currently playing in the soon to be launched 'The 52nd Street Band' (Jump, blues, soul plus a bit of rock, complete with keyboards and 2 saxophones!).
    I wanna listen to that! 
    Jon
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• ParkaParka Frets: 11

Howdy, folks. Getting back into music now that the kids are older and actually have time for myself again!

Q1:  Where did you username come from? High school

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? UK, but born in Canada

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Experience joy.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Couple of JV Strats - they've got different vives, or maybe I just feel different when I play one or the other.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?  Cordelia by The Tragically Hip

• andymoandymo Frets: 11
    edited August 2021

Hey folks - been readin posts for a while and thought I'd jump/join in.

Q1:  Where did you username come from?  Kinda birth

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?  Edinburgh via Wales

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?  To improve my finger picking...endless plateaus! 

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? I used to make a living out of playing bass but now mostly play solo acoustic.  My '68 Precision is going nowhere

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Not that I try to play it but Strawberry Fields

• Hi there - I finally decided to sign up ...

Q1:  Where did you username come from?  I had always played strat style guitars until 3 years ago - then I discovered the joy of a tele thanks to Gumtree.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?  Devon, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?  To become more open-minded and to learn styles on the guitar that I never had time for when I was younger

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? A beaten-up Classic Vibe 50's blond Tele that I got for £100. It re-started me playing guitar again after a 10 year break (children!)

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? 'Once in a Lifetime' - Talking Heads

• Hi name is Pete. I just stumbled across this site while looking for alternative sites to sell my stuff. Appalled by the amount of timewasters and Scammers on Gumtree. I realise there is far more here than just a selling platform so glad I joined.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Not sure - I have been using it for a very long time and I'm old now so can't           remember.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Bo'ness - near Edinburgh

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? At my age not much ambition - just to keep gigging as long as I can.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Yamaha DSR112 PA speakers

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Carpenters Goodbye to love - told you I was old.

• Hi there, I'm Mart. I play bass and sing is a Police tribute band called The Police. The same band also doubles up as A Paul Weller tribute called Stanley Road, in which I play Steve Craddocks part and A Sterophonics tribute called The Stereofonics, again I play guitar with them. I play guitar and sing in a function band too.

Used  to build my own valve amps under the brand name WKZ. But that stopped about 14 years ago. I still use my amps live (mostly)
    so the questions then

Q1:  Where did you username come from? My original Police tribute was called Police Squad

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Deal, Kent

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To entertain people

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My QSC PA system

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? I saw Culture Club the other day and they played 'It's a miracle' I'd forgotton what a good song it was

• Hi, I am Austen Julian Lennon, no, that is me. I am a person who lives in Northern Ireland and has been around for too long. (or should that read been around for a long time) I am a Luthier that fixes guitars and doesn't charge. Eh?! What?! 

Yup, I fix all sorts of stringed instruments and ask the owners, once they get their repaired instrument back, to make a donation to the Assisi Animal Sanctuary in Northern Ireland and I love taking on the worst of the worst and even the cheapest of the cheap and try to salvage them all.

I only charge people for strings etc,.... or they can buy any parts that are needed and give them to me. I make ZERO money from this venture.

Am I independently wealthy?. HAHAHAHA.... I just love animals and guitars. You can see some of my 'challenges' on YouTube as I try to record the more interesting of guitars.... do a search for Lennon Luthier & Finagler on YouTube. (No, it's not monetised.)

Noon' Ireland' people I can only take on two or three instruments a week, sometimes less, but give me a shout.
  • Hi, I'm Tony, 56 and happily married with 1 kid, a dog and some guitars.

Q1: Part of my name.

Q2: Slovenia ( Europe )

Q3: Writing and recording music

Q4: 1983 HSS Strathead Charvel

Q5: Lazy, Deep Purple

• First off, nice to meet everyone!

My username came from my business that I very recently set up. I’ve been building guitars for many years, and due to the pandemic giving me a lot of spare time, I decided to take that step in trying to make a living from it. The IR is just my initials, my actual name is Ian.

I’m based in Liverpool in the UK, home of the Fab Four, the stew commonly knows as scouse, and made up words like La and trabs (trainers)

My musical ambitions have changed a lot over the years, starting out I always wanted to be in a band, been in and out of bands since I was 17, still currently a part of one. But now my main goal is to set up my business, and hopefully make enough bread to quit my full time job (as I loath it) haha

My favourite bit of gear would be my Mexican Fender Strat, she’s nothing special, and probably the worst guitar I own, but she has sentimental value as it was the first guitar I learned to play, and it was a gift from my late grandmother who passed away a few years back.

Favourite song is a really tough one, but if I had to choose, it would be By the Way by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, again, probably not the best track, but that song has saved me from some dark places in the past, so I’ll always hold it dear to me.

• chotu495chotu495 Frets: 356

I’m based in Liverpool in the UK, home of the Fab Four, the stew commonly knows as scouse, and made up words like La and trabs (trainers)

Hi Ian,

Welcome aboard  :)

Not heard of Trabs for trainers before!

When I was a lad, Adidas Trimm Trabs were a big deal. Might be a link there.
  • Hi
    Im new here so this is my introduction I guess 

Q1:  I use it on a few other groups. Don’t really know why?

Q2:  Milton Keynes ish  U.K.

Q3:  None

Q4:  Wireless guitar systems. I use them all the time

Q5:  Sweet child o mine!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    Hi everyone. I'm Mellish. I live in Lincolnshire. I only have one guitar a 2019 Martin HD28 Reimagined. My username came from the TV series Minder. I became a member to help other guitarists. If I achieve this, I'll be happy. 

• MellishMellish Frets: 945
    edited January 2022
    Hi, I'm Henry. I live near the market town of Grantham, Lincolnshire. I'm 74 and started playing acoustic guitar in 1960, having been inspired by Bob Dylan and Donovan. My first guitar was a Kay acoustic bought at a Woolworth store! Q1 username came from the Minder TV series. Q2 Grantham, Lincolnshire. Q3 A Martin HD28 Re-imagined bought at GuitarGuitar in 2019 which I adore. Q4 (really Q3!) I guess I'd like to be able to play fingerstyle (never got the hang of it) Q5 any early Bob Dylan 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MyLittleEyeMyLittleEye Frets: 1
    edited August 2021
    Hi I'm Pól - Amateur musician but a pro photographer; my username kind of riffs on my family name and occupation.

I live an hour or so west of London depending on traffic.

My musical ambition is to be able to get what's in my head out through my instrument without having to think about it too much. I can do this with harmonica and tinwhistle but not, as yet, with a guitar.

My "best" bit of gear would be my inspiring OP-1 synth thing. There's nothing else like it - it fills in for much of the gear I need but don't want, as well as much of the gear I want but don't need.  Plus it's so tiny I can take it anywhere.

My number one track ever - I'm going to cheat a bit and say "The Ninth Wave" which was what Kate Bush called the entire B side of her Hounds Of Love album - I'm not even much of a Kate Bush fan but that sonic journey was a masterpiece that still to this day has the power to transport me to her watery dream realm

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7204

Hello Guys.  Here's a bit about me.

Q1:  Where did you username come from?  It's my name.  The DL is the way my Scottish surname is pronounced.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? About 12 miles outside Glasgow, Scotland.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To try and remember lyrics for more than 10 songs all the way through.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My 1984/85 Black Fender Flame Standard.  Similar to the ones that became the Robben Ford signature model. Very "Gibsonish" to play, has pretty hot pickups, and can twang as well as growl.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Warren Haynes - Soulshine (solo acoustic and Govt Mule versions)

• Hi there, who's into Blues?

Q1: I like Blues and my name is Rick. Go figure!
    Q2: West Sussex, UK
    Q3: No ambition! Just bankrupt myself buying more guitars I can't play properly
    Q4: Fender Blues Jr
    Q5: Can anyone seriously answer this question!? Too many to list! But anything by Gary Moore

• KazaKaza Frets: 10

Hi Everyone.

Q1:  Where did you username come from?  A bit of my family name

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? The perpetually sunny Westcountry

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To go back in time and stay in line outside CBGBs to see Pavement

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear? I have some Wizard pups l’m very fond of

Q5:  Your #1 ever track? Volunteers - Jefferson Airplane. No, wait: all of Loveless! Hang on…

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for ages but have found myself here more often lately and have even posted a couple of times ;)

Q1: My username is my first name backwards followed by a reference to the infamous room in Orwell's 1984

Q2: I live in deepest North West Hampshire

Q3: My musical ambition is to get the band back together and to play some high gain Abba again !

Q4: Definitely my MJW Electra Twin amp !!

Q5: Ramble On by the mighty Led Zeppelin

Cheers !

Graham

This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here