SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Fender CS 1955 Stratocaster

What's Hot
thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2820
edited August 2021 in Guitars £
I have bad gas for a goldtop so….

I bought this with a view to getting it refin’ed (daphne blue, I was thinking) but haven’t got round to it yet.  An excellent playing and sounding guitar and I loved the neck shape which is just on the right side of “bigger” whilst nowhere near U territory.  More akin to a 65C.

It must have been a special order originally as the neck is unusual and Kendrick (who I assume was a master builder?) was on the case , it’s sorted for weight (7.5lbs) and the original finish was stipulated as “from p.108 of the Galaxy of Strats”.

The spec sheet is below for all the finer details.  Obviously, the after-market heavy relic is going to upset some but please resist from commenting if that’s the case.  It didn’t really bother me as I like a relic and it’s a joy to play and it also makes a really quality guitar affordable in this era of exorbitant prices.  If you’re inclined to refinish (which was my plan) I think it costs about £200-400.

I can post, can usually meet up, travel to drop off etc. depending on distances and circumstances.

Sold £2,000 Sold

1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'm waiting for you to sell the firemist Tele!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Great looking guitar, sure that should sell fast at that price.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2820
    I'm waiting for you to sell the firemist Tele!
    Haha.  Im afraid that one's staying - gets better every day!
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2497
    Now for sale at Pro Tone!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NCoNCo Frets: 169

Sounds like a breach of classified rules:

'The Classifieds are intended for personal use only - any business use, unless explicitly sanctioned by the admins, will result in the immediate loss of access. If you are a business/dealer contact a moderator to discuss how you could get involved here. Bedroom dealers are strongly discouraged, and will probably lose Classified access as soon as we find them. [edited February 2021]'
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2820
    NCo said:

'The Classifieds are intended for personal use only - any business use, unless explicitly sanctioned by the admins, will result in the immediate loss of access. If you are a business/dealer contact a moderator to discuss how you could get involved here. Bedroom dealers are strongly discouraged, and will probably lose Classified access as soon as we find them. [edited February 2021]'
    Take it easy.  I approached Protone, not the other way round as they had a guitar I was interested in.  I don’t think you call them “bedroom” dealers either, they’ve got a bricks and mortar shop in the middle of central Liverpool, VAT registered, employees, etc.

Anyway, the guitar has sold and I was happy with how it sold and who I sold it to.  I think we can leave it there.  Cheers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2246
    NCo said:

Someone has time on their hands ;) 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12745
    NCo said:

I think you’ve misunderstood what happened here. Was for sale by a private individual who subsequently sold to a shop. The rules are in relation to dealers selling on here. 
  • Or buying on here.

Albeit that didn't happen.