SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Guitarist looking for others to jam with (Kingston/South London)

MuthasMuthas Frets: 1
Interested in meeting people with similar musical interests and attitude to jam/practice with and see how things develop.

Hoping not to not just do bland obvious covers. Musically pretty diverse - country, post punk, prog, folk, soul, dub. List is endless to be honest. Here are a few examples of what Ive been listening to the last week or so - Big Star, The Dead C, Deerhunter, Booker T, Prince Far I, Jeff Buckley, Derek and The Dominoes, Tom Misch, Love, Hendrix.

Ability less crucial than attitude I think. Myself, skill wise maybe intermediate if i was forced to say but still got a lot to learn. 

Perhaps meet once a week to rehearse/jam.(Covid allowing)

In terms of age Im 50 - havent been in a band since I was 18 

Chris
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ijontyijonty Frets: 32
    Hi Chris, are you still looking?

Telecaster American Deluxe, Cornell Romany amp, without the talent to use them properly
  • i'd be interested in some jam sessions, london based
  • Also looking to setup some jam sessions, playing along to myself on my laptop interface isn’t cutting it anymore. Been 10 years since I was last in a band. Mainly into swampy, bluesy alt country type music e.g. Black Crowes - Southern Harmony, Kelly Joe Phelps i.e slide guitar. Also into Jeffrey Foucault and David Ramirez and would be up to writing a few new tunes. I was a massive Hendrix fan when younger but I promise to keep the Jimi impressions to a min!

Main thing is to reconnect with playing music with others.

Cheers 
    Ian
  • Based in Central London (Old Street)