SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

*WANTED* electric guitars for Nottingham charity!

What's Hot
horsehorse Frets: 1630
edited September 2021 in Guitars £
UPDATE: Dan says thanks again to all who contributed, and he's well stocked for the lessons now :-)

A musician mate of mine asked if I'd post this for him as he seems to be having trouble signing up (I suggested he might try here):

Hi, I am working with a Nottingham music charity to set up some free weekly guitar lessons for children. The charity is a community recording studio and youth club in St. Anns (https://www.crsstudionotts.co.uk/)
The ideal set up would be every student to have an electric guitar with small practice amp and headphones.
We have had 4 practice amps and 1 guitar donated from the lovely people on the Leicester Musicians Facebook page but are short a couple of electric guitars.
If you have any working electric guitars that are gathering dust and you can happily do without it would be put to good use!

Many thanks!

---

If anybody can help then I'll pass details on to Dan.

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8981
    I’ve got a couple of partscasters. PM me because I’ve probably got other useful stuff too. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1630
    Roland said:
    I’ve got a couple of partscasters. PM me because I’ve probably got other useful stuff too. 
    Thank you - will do
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 865
    No guitars to offer I'm afraid, but I'm not far from St Ann's, and if any guitars arrive needing a bit of a set up or TLC I'm happy to help.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    RevMatt said:
    No guitars to offer I'm afraid, but I'm not far from St Ann's, and if any guitars arrive needing a bit of a set up or TLC I'm happy to help.
    Excellent - I'll pass that on thank you.
  • I've been in touch with Dan and one of my old timers will be coming out of retirement and winging its way to Nottingham this week :) have a free bump whilst I'm here!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    JamieLF said:
    I've been in touch with Dan and one of my old timers will be coming out of retirement and winging its way to Nottingham this week :) have a free bump whilst I'm here!
    Thanks Jamie - I know Dan and the students will really appreciate it. I think he's starting the lessons in October
  • inewhaminewham Frets: 171
    I've just picked up an as new Harley Benton strat from a charity shop (plays just fine), they are welcome to that. If you can put me in touch with Dan I can drop it off over the weekend

Ian
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    inewham said:
    I've just picked up an as new Harley Benton strat from a charity shop (plays just fine), they are welcome to that. If you can put me in touch with Dan I can drop it off over the weekend
    Mate, that's so kind thank you. I'll send you a pm now
  • how about an appeal for pedals, cables etc?
    Must be lots of them sitting in drawers
    how about an appeal for pedals, cables etc?
    Must be lots of them sitting in drawers
    That's a good idea too thanks. I believe he's got enough amps to get going, but if anybody local has other electric guitar related stuff I can see if it could help. I suppose most of us want to keep hold of our working cables though.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8981
    Beginners need to experiment with different sizes and shapes of plectrums. I’ve donated a selection that I’ve acquired over the years and will never use. I guess we could deluge him with more
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • inewhaminewham Frets: 171
    How *practice* do the amps have to be, I've got a Gorrila TC110 kicking around too, it bloody loud for home use  ;)
    I've left a message for Dan   

Ian
    Hi 
    Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm local to St Ann's and have a classical guitar which was donated to another music charity that I'm linked to but it's surplus to requirement, so wondered if it might be useful here?

Also have a guitar and footrest if needed.
    RevMatt said:
    Hi 
    Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm local to St Ann's and have a classical guitar which was donated to another music charity that I'm linked to but it's surplus to requirement, so wondered if it might be useful here?

Also have a guitar and footrest if needed.
    Thanks for that Matt - I think the lessons are still ongoing but he's got plenty of gear on the go now.
    Ok, cheers @horse - let me know anything changes